Hydro Assist - Steering Ram Tie Rod Mount (pic) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
Looking to find a tube adaptor to fit onto my Tie Rod for my Hydro assist setup. My tube is 1.5" diameter and the adaptor that PolyPerf. offers is too small.

Thanks in advance
d_2838-01.jpg
d_2837-01.jpg

If you weld it you can never adjust the rod since the bracket will only be in one place. We made the ones we used from a split piece of DOM with tabs welded on that had holes tapped for bolts.

Sure you can, just unbolt the heim joints and screw in or out. That is not any harder than unbolting the clamp and turning the tie rod. Honestly once you set your toe do you really need to screw with it? I mean it is a hydraulic ram tractor setup, not a rack and pinion meant for using up to 100mph safely.

no need to adjust it, do it right the first time and your golden, weld it

Sure you can, just unbolt the heim joints and screw in or out. That is not any harder than unbolting the clamp and turning the tie rod. Honestly once you set your toe do you really need to screw with it? I mean it is a hydraulic ram tractor setup, not a rack and pinion meant for using up to 100mph safely.

I am pretty sure Sam still want the adjustability. Also with the 80 axle and the double shear arms he is using, unbolting it becomes a PITA. Having the ram mount rotate is more convenient and not really that big of a deal to manufacture.

I am pretty sure Sam still want the adjustability. Also with the 80 axle and the double shear arms he is using, unbolting it becomes a PITA. Having the ram mount rotate is more convenient and not really that big of a deal to manufacture.

I do want the adjustability for all the reasons stated above and also since the setup is all custom for the most part this would make any future changes easier.

SO ANYONE KNOW A PLACE TO GET A PREFABBED VERSION OF ONE OF THESE THINGS? I DON'T HAVE TIME TO FAB ONE UP BEFORE RUBITHON AND AM PRESSED FOR TIME AS IS.

Planning on doing the whole Hydro setup in one shot, one day.

Christo want to fab one for me and send it my way since it's not that big a deal? :D

there has to be someone who makes a tube adaptor that can handle this job

I also wanted the adjustability -- I made a simple bracket then attached it to the rod using heavy u-bolts that cost me $5 from a local spring shop. Cheap, strong & adjustable. I will post a pic when I can get it off of my phone a bit later.

Here are my mounts for the ram. First one is for the rod, second one I welded to the top of the diff.
ram1.jpg
ram2.jpg

Mad4wd has the tube clamps if thats what you are asking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom