Hybrid Level Lift (done) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cardomain.com
I have officially joined the bolt-on brigade. All parts off the shelf.

851's front
862's rear + 10mm worth of packers
(4) non-L shocks (whatever the #'s are).

Also, some 285 BFG's A/T's. I didn't even "bolt" those on myself.

LevelS2.jpg

LevelQtr.jpg

Bout as level as it comes.
Animal2.jpg

Heidi my helper.

Disclaimers/Comments/Responses:

Time- about 3 hrs. "I can do that in 30minutes". (of course you can)

"What happens when you put 10,000lbs of camping gear in that "level" ride"? Who cares cause I'm not planning to.

"Is that driveway 100% level"? Maybe a couple millimeters lower towards the garage.

"Get rid of those (granny) running boards" Give me a chance.

"Will 37"s fit on that"? I doubt it.

"How many n/m did you torque the shock bolts to"? Hell if I know.

I like it, it looks like my rig's twin except mine rides with its @$$ a little higher in the rear with the 860's. I like the level look too.

I love the disclaimers, very nice touch. I'm impressed with your speed. It took me about 6 hours because I had a heck of a time removing the stock shocks and I was using a bottle jack. :hillbilly:

BTW, what are you going to do when you have the 3rd row in and you have to fit grandma and all of her knitting materials in the back?:flipoff2:j/k

Parts came from Slee (second lift this year). Did a buddies `94 earlier w/850-863's.

I found the best trick on front shock removal is to cut a notch out of the upper housing and grab the "piston/plunger" with some vice grips; assuming you're going to trash them afterwards. I fiddled with mine even though I knew that was the best route. I eventually went ahead and broke out the angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Problem solved.

Update

I went for an extended drive today and didn't notice any wandering or adverse handling characteristics. I was expecting an unloaded truck with the 851 to be a bit squirly without the bushings installed. The 850 setup I did on the `94 with non-winch ARB was all over the road prior to bushing swap.

I know it seems to vary from truck to truck, but is it possible I might not need to install the bushings? If not I guess I'll hang on to em for later, as I can never seem to leave anything alone for long.:D :flipoff2:(just wanted to try a couple of these):flipoff2:

The truck with the heavier springs would have been more noticeable but that doesn't mean you shouldn't install them. There is no way you can lift these trucks aand not negatively effect caster. And no these trucks are not different, what makes the choice for correction different is the lift and weight added to them.

IMO pressing in the bushings is not a waste of time and the truck will respond favorably to doing it.

The truck with the heavier springs would have been more noticeable but that doesn't mean you shouldn't install them. There is no way you can lift these trucks aand not negatively effect caster. And no these trucks are not different, what makes the choice for correction different is the lift and weight added to them.

IMO pressing in the bushings is not a waste of time and the truck will respond favorably to doing it.

I know you are the "Caster Master", so I will follow that advice.

I have officially joined the bolt-on brigade. All parts off the shelf.
Disclaimers/Comments/Responses:

Time- about 3 hrs. "I can do that in 30minutes". (of course you can)

"What happens when you put 10,000lbs of camping gear in that "level" ride"? Who cares cause I'm not planning to.

"Is that driveway 100% level"? Maybe a couple millimeters lower towards the garage.

"Get rid of those (granny) running boards" Give me a chance.

"Will 37"s fit on that"? I doubt it.

"How many n/m did you torque the shock bolts to"? Hell if I know.

those comments are hilarious. i love it! haha

I call BS on your helper , I can see her ride (Ford P71 police interceptor ) in the back of the pix but I dont see her partner who most likely was at your "crib" because of a noise complaint from old lady Johnson across the street " hes running a chop-shop at his house too"

:flipoff2:
BTW
It looks good

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom