HVAC Recirc Door (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Certified Preo-owned ‘18, that I purchased in December. I keep having issues with windows fogging and started some research here. I have definitely found that the recirc door is broken. My questions, would this be covered by warranty? Being CPO, I’d think this would be covered. Please advise if anyone has dealt with trying to warranty cover this issue.

I have a Certified Preo-owned ‘18, that I purchased in December. I keep having issues with windows fogging and started some research here. I have definitely found that the recirc door is broken. My questions, would this be covered by warranty? Being CPO, I’d think this would be covered. Please advise if anyone has dealt with trying to warranty cover this issue.
I would push it for warranty. If they deny it, I have a fix in my signature.

Check to make sure the cabin filter is clipped in all the way if you can. I know, kinda a no brainer but saved me from thinking mine was broken. Last service they just "placed" it in the spot and was causing the door to not function properly. Good luck.

That’s a bummer @Lannert. Truthfully, I think I would rather install @Oakleyguy ’s permanent fix myself than trust the dealership to tear apart my dash and put it back together correctly.

This x1000

There are so, so many things for them to mess up with a dash removal. So many future miles of driving with possible new squeaks and quirks.

That’s a bummer @Lannert. Truthfully, I think I would rather install @Oakleyguy ’s permanent fix myself than trust the dealership to tear apart my dash and put it back together correctly.
Absolutely. It’s major surgery to install an entire new HVAC housing, requiring dash removal. The chances of a dealer doing it perfectly are low. Just slip in the known fix yourself.

Well the dealership has offered to replace under warranty, but now you’ve got me worried.

I'd let my dealer do it. It's under warranty so if they F something up they have to fix that too. If you do it and break something in the process, you're now on the hook. The recirc door fix is a pretty easy job, probably a 2 on a scale of 1-10, but it's possible to break something or make it worse.

Instructions I wrote up when I did it are attached. I know @Oakleyguy has a video available but if you just want to scan the pics/instructions quickly this should be pretty similar.

Attachments

• Recirc Door Fix Instructions.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
IMO the fix is so easy I’d still do it over handing my vehicle to the dealer. Even if nothing overt is wrong back there it introduces a ton of opportunities for little tiny things.. like a harness locating pin not being put back into its spot and way, way down the line that leading to chafing and possible electrical problems.

If the dealer is going to fix it, let them do it so that you can hold them accountable.

But if they end up saying they don't, first thing you need to do is go in there and actually diagnose what the problem is. With my 2017 I got lucky and nothing was actually broken, it just slipped off the hinge when someone screwed it up. But I was able to pop it back into place. Here's the video of what I had to do to fix it in my thread: 2017 LX570 - Back again in another 200 - Ownership log and Build thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2017-lx570-back-again-in-another-200-ownership-log-and-build-thread.1316789/#post-15042901

UPDATE: Dealership repaired under warranty. Thank you all for the help!
That's great news! Nice work keeping them accountable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom