Husky vs. WeatherTech vs. OEM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Husky's are better than Weathertech's there's no doubt about that, I've owned multiples of both and I only buy Husky's now because of that experience. I've never tried the 3D Maxpider but I've looked at them in stores and they look promising.

I am bit of a floor mat junkie and evaluated all options.

For front: Husky, no doubt. Much better than Weathertech in look & feel, and better in coverage than OEM. I like Weathertech in my other vehicles, but definitely not in the 200.

For 2nd row: OEM. Best coverage, fit and pliability.

For cargo w/3rd row: AUSDM OEM for same reasons as below. 2nd Husky. Don't like Weathertech at all.

For cargo wo/3rd row: AUSDM OEM over USDM OEM - Australian mat is much heavier real rubber. USDM mat is bit of the plasticky rigid flavor but is acceptable (costs third of the Aussie mat with shipping to the US).
@unclemat where did you order the cargo w/3rd ausdm oem mat?

I've tried a bunch of floor mats - maybe too many. Last decade rundown:
In a 2012 Taco I had Weathertech.
In a 2000 LX470 I have Weathertech in 2nd row and Lund Catch-all mats in the 1st row.
In our 2017 LC we had Husky in rows 1&2 and 3D Maxpider in the cargo area. For what it's worth, we also have the 3D Maxpider in our Avalon hybrid.
With the HE we have the stock OEM rubber mats.

I like the way the OEM rubber mats lay, and the amount of grip vs slip they offer - unfortunately not so great at spill containment. I like the 3D Maxpider for the combo of looks/feel and spill containment. If anyone wants the look of carpet with the protection rubber backing provides, the Lund mats would be a good choice - except they don't seem to make anything for the 200 series.

Just me and how we use our vehicles, but I probably wouldn't buy Weathertech or Husky anymore.

I prefer the 3dMaxpider matts. They clean up easy and look nice. Photos of them on my LX here: Builds - Got a 200 - Here it goes - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/got-a-200-here-it-goes.1112630/#post-12093083

And the OEM rubber trunk liner
I have to say we got MAXpider for our Tesla fall of 2018 as they were the only winter mats available. I am extremely impressed, I’m going to trade out my 7 year old Husky mats for the first and 2nd row for them in my LX this fall.

The OEM rubber mats are pointless, the dealer included them when I bought my 2013 new. Changed them out for Husky within months. The rear OEM is the only that is acceptable as an all weather May.

I have to say we got MAXpider for our Tesla fall of 2018 as they were the only winter mats available. I am extremely impressed, I’m going to trade out my 7 year old Husky mats for the first and 2nd row for them in my LX this fall.

The OEM rubber mats are pointless, the dealer included them when I bought my 2013 new. Changed them out for Husky within months. The rear OEM is the only that is acceptable as an all weather May.
We had them in our modelS first too, that's the only way I found out about them. Have them in the LX570 for 2yrs now and they've been great!

I’m torn between those and the husky. I’ve got weathertech in my daily now and they are ok but I only run the fronts when I know I need them, I prefer the feel of the carpet over them big time. I just ordered the husky’s but I may get both to compare.

I am bit of a floor mat junkie and evaluated all options.

For front: Husky, no doubt. Much better than Weathertech in look & feel, and better in coverage than OEM. I like Weathertech in my other vehicles, but definitely not in the 200.

For 2nd row: OEM. Best coverage, fit and pliability.

For cargo w/3rd row: AUSDM OEM for same reasons as below. 2nd Husky. Don't like Weathertech at all.

For cargo wo/3rd row: AUSDM OEM over USDM OEM - Australian mat is much heavier real rubber. USDM mat is bit of the plasticky rigid flavor but is acceptable (costs third of the Aussie mat with shipping to the US).
Where did you source the AUSDM oem mat? Have not found a US source for it. Is it that good? Thanks

Try searching under the 2013 MY.

If I recall correctly, they fit it’s just that the 2013 and higher have the locking pins on the floor to keep it in place (front mats). That’s the only thing that makes them “incompatible“ with yours.
Boom! That worked. Thx @BVE!

Husky: why won't you take my money? :)

Bonus: this 10% off code worked, if anyone else is looking to buy Husky soon -- HLKB10

I’m torn between those and the husky. I’ve got weathertech in my daily now and they are ok but I only run the fronts when I know I need them, I prefer the feel of the carpet over them big time. I just ordered the husky’s but I may get both to compare.
I ended up ordering the MAXpiders after ordering the husky mats and did a side by side from the comfort of a leather chair in the bedroom... I know, not a great option but it’s the best I could do since I don’t have my 200 yet. The MAXspiders seemed to be the more comfortable feel with and without shoes on and the bottoms have a much better surface than the husky’s. The husky’s have super sharp teeth that I can see cussing at with every removal and long term wear on the carpet seems possible. I can see how the husky’s would do better with mud and snow but I won’t be see much snow and hope to avoid mud. All in all both seem like good choices and the coverage of both is about the same but the MAXpiders seem like the more comfortable classy choice while the husky is the more rugged. We are more of a business on the inside, party on the outside type so that explains our choice.

I have done likely more research than one should on which cargo mat to use and no where on this forum or the internet have I been able to see pictures of the Husky mat installed, so I bought one from Amazon with the knowledge I could return for free. I am including pictures of it now for anyone that may be looking to see what they look like. This is installed in my 2016 LC.
Overall I wouldn't say I dislike it, but I don't love that I would have to perform my own cutouts for the 3rd row anchors. I appreciate that the OEM mat has the covers with a lip to prevent dog hair/dirt from getting beneath the mat. I don't feel like if I cut these out that the pieces left would serve that same function. The fit is tight enough and the lips on the edges are great. I can't decide if it would be annoying having that lip at the tailgate or not. My primary goal is to find the best mat that includes the 3rd row area while also retaining the ability to use the 3rd row seats as we do on occasion. It would seem those options are between the Husky, the WeatherTech and the Aussie mat. My preference would be to bite the bullet on the Aussie but my wife is hesitant with the excessive graphic designs on it (I can't say I blame her but I typically can appreciate functionality over looks). The OEM mat really isn't that bad but with our border collie and horse gear that gets thrown back there, we get a ton of stuff under the mats with there being a gap between the cargo mat and the separate 3rd row piece from the OEM liners.

tempImage5pSXW5.jpg

tempImagecztfYY.jpg

What options are available for a 2015 with the 3rd row removed? I want something that covers the whole cargo area including all the 3rd row holes. Would a 2021 HE mat work?

The Husky covers the holes on the ground, unless you are referring to the holes in the wheel well where the seats are mounted. The post right above yours shows this perfectly.

What options are available for a 2015 with the 3rd row removed? I want something that covers the whole cargo area including all the 3rd row holes. Would a 2021 HE mat work?
The HE mat does cover the floor holes. The Husky and WT don’t cover the holes in the floor where any of the seat bolts go, only the anchor holes in the center of the floor

For anyone that loves the factory rubber all weather mats, I have a great condition set from my '16 that I have no use for (I run Wearhertech mats year round). Make me an offer.
Have you still got these? We’ve got carpet mats throughout and would like something more substantial with the little one. Thanks

Have you still got these? We’ve got carpet mats throughout and would like something more substantial with the little one. Thanks
I won’t mess with this other guys deal but if he’s missing the cargo mat and third row piece, I’ve got those available.

I won’t mess with this other guys deal but if he’s missing the cargo mat and third row piece, I’ve got those available.
I appreciate it!

I’m assuming that I’m looking for PT2066016002. That’s the only thing I see for rubber mats (front, second, and third with seats).

Ideally I’d remove our third row, but I’ve already got my 80’s third and front row seats stashed away. No more storage!

Yes, I have all of the factory mats and a heritage edition mat. I don’t use any of them since I have cargo boxes. Drop me a private message and we can figure something out.

I've been looking around for the 3d maxpider kagu mat in gray. I have the front row and cargo mats, but can't find the matching 2nd row mat and I'm being told by autoanything that the gray is "manufacturer discontinued." Anyone know of anywhere else to get these or have any other info? Would be a bummer to have to go with black and try to return the ones I've already bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom