Hummer EV and the 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do folks think of the upcoming Hummer EV? GMC is talking about 1000HP and 0 to 60 in 3 seconds, along with some very strong offroad specs. There are also some novel features, such as diagonal steering. Introducing the GMC HUMMER EV | Electric Truck - https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev?ppc=GOOGLE_700000002006762_71700000062252462_58700006395576213_p57777960862&&d_src=313715&d_adsrc=3876784&d_campaign=71700000062252462&d_site=GOOGLE&d_adgroup=58700006395576213&d_keyword=hummer+ev&gclick=CjwKCAiApNSABhAlEiwANuR9YOsl3qRLk0hKXVMi7G6MEVsoL33Iyz9YrCHki9oCwHXrZfi7517o3xoCloEQAvD_BwE&gclid=CjwKCAiApNSABhAlEiwANuR9YOsl3qRLk0hKXVMi7G6MEVsoL33Iyz9YrCHki9oCwHXrZfi7517o3xoCloEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

How will our 200s look in 3 or 4 years compared with this new breed of electric truck?

Will we start seeing aftermarket electric motors coming out?

I love my 200 and don't have time to wait for or gamble on a Hummer. I'm just thinking about the picture for us a few years out.

I like it! Looking forward to seeing one in person.

Last edited:
let's hope they use stronger ball joints than on the original GM hummers

GM? Nope. No way. No, thank you. Uh uh. Iie. Anio. Bu. Non. Nein. Nyet. Not even if someone gave me one tax free. Never.

Electric in theory gets me excited, real world current form... meh. For me to get on board for something to replace my soon to arrive 200 series with the needs it will meet for me there need to be a improvement in charging speeds and some type of charging ability in BFE. Hot swappable batteries instead of plugging in while on a road trip could work but idk how comfortable I feel towing my overland trailer deep into the middle of nowhere with my wife and two kids. Sure, I can always have a mechanical failure with any vehicle but as it is now most of that can be repaired in the field and I can always carry more gas or borrow some from someone. There is no option for running out of juice and towing with weight will kill electric range.

For a daily driver I’d wear one out.

Anyone have an installation schedule for charging stations in BFE?
It’s a Hummer, they aren’t actually expecting you to go into the wild. 😂 However, can plug-in your Hummer in Moab at the Tesla Super charging station.⚡

I stopped reading at GM.

They’re a pathetic attempt at a car company that makes disposable products with parts bin junk.

Hey now, that's not cool. There are plenty of people who enjoy a quality dig through a bin of junk parts, and there's no need to offend them by comparing them to those that buy GM.

Do they still make their interior plastics out of compressed black trash bags?

No, they've improved and no longer compress the bags.

I have a GMC 3500 SRW 4x4 Denali and its ok ... My Tundra would not and could not handle 2 ton of stone or dirt , figured my 2019 Duramax has Denso injection system and it was as close as I could get to a Toyota diesel .
If my Tundra had a heavy chassis and diesel I would have that over my GMC .
My GMC dealer is one of the better dealers who has taken care of me pretty good , They send my information on the new Hummer EV all the time .
I don't think GMC or even GM products are that great , my 80k GMC the stick tabs that hold wire looms are falling off they cheaped out and not using 3m or better , I had to new 3m wire loom holders on my brand new truck .

I have a GMC 3500 SRW 4x4 Denali and its ok ... My Tundra would not and could not handle 2 ton of stone or dirt , figured my 2019 Duramax has Denso injection system and it was as close as I could get to a Toyota diesel .
If my Tundra had a heavy chassis and diesel I would have that over my GMC .
My GMC dealer is one of the better dealers who has taken care of me pretty good , They send my information on the new Hummer EV all the time .
I don't think GMC or even GM products are that great , my 80k GMC the stick tabs that hold wire looms are falling off they cheaped out and not using 3m or better , I had to new 3m wire loom holders on my brand new truck .
Interesting to see the big 3 use Japanese OEMs to fix there problems. Like the Aisin box in Cummins pickups.

These new breeds of trucks coming out are going to wipe the floor against what we have today. I'm glad GM is going to come out with its own offering. These monstrous specs are just ridiculous compared to what we have today.

Compared to the competitive EV set coming out, I'll say the Hummer is not my first choice. Nor Rivian, Ford F150, Bollinger. One could say their specs are enough. But some of the following qualities are game changes to the way I may use one, with capabilities almost a generation ahead.

Cybertruck advantages in order of importance for me
1) 500+ mile range
2) Autopilot
3) Price
4) Supercharger network
5) 6 seater
6) 3,350 payload
7) Built in tent with enclosed climate controlled 6.5' vault
8) Continuous updates

These new breeds of trucks coming out are going to wipe the floor against what we have today. I'm glad GM is going to come out with its own offering. These monstrous specs are just ridiculous compared to what we have today.

Compared to the competitive EV set coming out, I'll say the Hummer is not my first choice. Nor Rivian, Ford F150, Bollinger. One could say their specs are enough. But some of the following qualities are game changes to the way I may use one, with capabilities almost a generation ahead.

Cybertruck advantages in order of importance for me
1) 500+ mile range
2) Autopilot
3) Price
4) Supercharger network
5) 6 seater
6) 3,350 payload
7) Built in tent with enclosed climate controlled 6.5' vault
8) Continuous updates

Well, I guess we'll see where Toyota goes. Maybe this is more appropriate for the 300 forum, but I'll bet anyone that we're going to see an EV Land Cruiser within the next 5 years, and it will probably offer some of these things.

Well, I guess we'll see where Toyota goes. Maybe this is more appropriate for the 300 forum, but I'll bet anyone that we're going to see an EV Land Cruiser within the next 5 years, and it will probably offer some of these things.

I'm torn, as a cruiser diehard and EV diehard. Still very much interested in what the 300-series will be, even if it amounts to a steady cadence of improvement, rather than the leap of evolution that we're talking about here.

The Ford F150 PowerBoost Hybrid may be the closest sign of what may come in the 300-series in terms of power and efficiency. 430 HP / 470 lb-ft, 24 mpg. While a great bump over the 200 series, is it enough? Numbers that aren't even half of some of the big EV numbers?

Here's hope you're right and the 300-series may get a midcycle injection of EVness and EV like specs. Makes me wonder if it could be competitive as some of these other vehicles are ground up EV architectures rather than shoehorned in batteries and motors. Come on Toyota, we want to see you in the enthusiast game (even if you might be the current top selling brand).

I'm torn, as a cruiser diehard and EV diehard. Still very much interested in what the 300-series will be, even if it amounts to a steady cadence of improvement, rather than the leap of evolution that we're talking about here.

The Ford F150 PowerBoost Hybrid may be the closest sign of what may come in the 300-series in terms of power and efficiency. 430 HP / 470 lb-ft, 24 mpg. While a great bump over the 200 series, is it enough? Numbers that aren't even half of some of the big EV numbers?

Here's hope you're right and the 300-series may get a midcycle injection of EVness and EV like specs. Makes me wonder if it could be competitive as some of these other vehicles are ground up EV architectures rather than shoehorned in batteries and motors. Come on Toyota, we want to see you in the enthusiast game (even if you might be the current top selling brand).
From the videos I’ve seen that powerboost hybrid takes off like a scalded cat so I‘d welcome a hybrid Landcruiser.

How are you gonna charge your electric hummer for mischievous off-road adventure if there are rolling blackouts due to overloaded grid and underwhelming output of wind and solar?

How are you gonna charge your electric hummer for mischievous off-road adventure if there are rolling blackouts due to overloaded grid and underwhelming output of wind and solar?
So true! If you’ve ever walked through a wind farm, you’ll find dead birds, hawks as well which is really unfortunate to see. It honestly surprised me because the blades look like they are moving real slow from a distance but not when you’re directly under one. 💨

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom