Hummer EV and the 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think you mistake what this thread is about.

It's not about Tesla, Model anything, or existing models. It's about the Hummer and the next generation of EVs that will continue to leap forward and wipe the floor against what's available today. And maybe tomorrow's 300-series. I am very much also about the cruiser spirit and legacy and would like nothing more than see the 300-series succeed.

There's just no denying the momentum and accomplishments on the other side - despite their growing pains. It's fair to critique but yesterdays or today limitations don't define what the next generation EVs will be, because they will be proper beasts.
That we can absolutely agree on. 😎

I think you mistake what this thread is about.

It's not about Tesla, Model anything, or existing models. It's about the Hummer and the next generation of EVs that will continue to leap forward and wipe the floor against what's available today. And maybe tomorrow's 300-series. I am very much also about the cruiser spirit and legacy and would like nothing more than see the 300-series succeed.

There's just no denying the momentum and accomplishments on the other side - despite their growing pains. It's fair to critique but yesterdays or today limitations don't define what the next generation EVs will be, because they will be proper beasts.
Hummer EV. Sure, it will have big tires and high clearance suspension. Sure, it will have go from 0-60 in under 4 seconds.

BUT, there are HUGE logistic issues. Is it going to use Tesla’s network of chargers? Can it go off-roading in far off places? Yes, it may have 400 miles or more...but what if the weather is hot and you have to carry lots of camping gears (or tow)...will it still have 400+ miles range? If range drops then will it be tethered to the area surrounding the charger only?

How’s the build quality and parts? Hummer H2 had notorious weak parts that carried over from lesser GM SUVs. But, remember, H2 passed GM’s off-road cred with flying colors......until it reached public hands.

You can talk about Cybertruck...wonderful (and probably most promising realistically). But it still shares all the concerns i wrote above.

Unfortunately, the specs on paper do not match real life...and the specs are only under ideal conditions. For example, as i wrote above, my brother found out that with 4 people in his Model Y on a hot summer day (no cargo/tow), his range dropped like a rock driving from Austin to Houston. He got to Houston with under 55 miles left on the battery!

And i am pretty sure you know this already...but LC is not all about all-balls-out off-roading in Dakar. So, comparing Dodge TRX, Ford Bronco, Hummer EV, Cybertruck, etc to LC200/300 is missing the point.

No Hummer's spotted in public yet, but saw a Rivian in the flesh this morning. I'll give it credit that it looks great in person and better than in pictures. Seemingly fits right in too, tooling around my sleepy suburb in San Diego.

From the camo, looks like this may be the same prototype shown on twitter that recently demonstrated some serious traction chops scampering up a hill. If I'm understanding the tech, lockers need not apply. 4 independent motors with computers orchestrated per wheel power modulation and torque vectoring.

1613425876319.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom