huge problem!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi today i was checking the oil of my 60 and i realice that it's mixed with water.
my engine it's stock, never been touched or opened and i'm a little worried about what could it be the problem.

i know that mixing the oil with water could be many thinks like the valves, cams, etc. i would like to see some advices and opinions about the problem.

thank's

Andres.

It sounds like you have a bad head gasket.

The valves and cam shouldn't see any water. By water you mean coolant right? Have you taken your Cruiser swimming recently? It could have leaked in from the outside but if its engine coolant, then its most likley the head gasket. You might try retorquing the head bolts along with an oil change and see if it comes back.

If there's coolant in your oil it really can be only one thing. Bad head gasket. Sorry!

are you sure its coolent? and not just air bubbles getting whipped into the oil?

Before you repalce your head gasket, do a compresion check in the each cylinder. you can rent the compresion guage at auto zone. If you do have to replace your gasket, have the head resurfaced and magna fluxed, how ever you spell it. The extra money you spend on doing this will save you in the long run. then have your valves reseated and new seals. Im not sure what a machine shop charges for the inline six head but my mustang cost me $70 a head.

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but the possible causes are: head gasket; cracked head; cracked block.

Tinker, it is real hard to crack a block, thats why I suggested to have his head checked, so it will give him a direction if the problem continues.

On my 73 F I had a crack in the top of the block near the valve train area. It would spew this green mist all over the inside of the engine and there was coolant in the oil. Head cracks are not all that uncommon and I would go ahead and do the head gasket job and get it checked out at the same time. It'll be ok man, head jobs are not that bad. :beer:

FJ60_cruiser said:
yeah a little bit why?

the thing is .. little bit ok gastket .. but a lots of cooland, cracked head ( as all of us say :) ) and cracked head ha other imlications and more money.

Tapage said:
the thing is .. little bit ok gastket .. but a lots of cooland, cracked head ( as all of us say :) ) and cracked head ha other imlications and more money.

Well not all of us say, You could get alot of coolant from a head gasket or a warped head. Doesn't necessarily mean it's cracked. Just have to get it checked man, and pay attention when you take it all apart. ;)

Here is a pic I doctored up of my old bad head gasket to illustrate why a leak occurs in the head gasket. If you were to lose some gasket material in those critical areas alot of fluid could flow right by down to the pan. As you can see I had some other problems as well with mine. This is why the inspection of parts is important during the removal along with getting the head checked by a pro. Good luck man.
IMG_0001.JPG

thank's to all of you for the help. that's what i wanted to see some good opinions, examples and advices about the problem...

thank's again for your help, it's been very supportive. i think i'm taking my 60 to the mechanic on monday.

Last edited:
batman said:
... you can rent the compresion guage at auto zone...

Prolly don't have too many AutoZones in Venezuela. :flipoff2:

BMAN said:
Prolly don't have too many AutoZones in Venezuela. :flipoff2:

yah but he can get that headgasket replaced 4 about $50 bucks ! (labor) now you cant beat that can ya? :idea: :doh: :D :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom