Idaho gx470 remodel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
purchased in Portland for $12k, 144k miles, lexus dealer maintained, non-kdss, does have factory navigation, was owned by a 73 year old lady who's husband is a dentist. It has brand new brakes all around, new tires, new battery all within the last year. interior is dark grey.

Mods so far 10/15
tinted front 2 windows
glasspack cat back with 2.5in pipe, sounds amazing. Not to loud, exits behind passenger rear tire.
White LED light kit for interior
HID kit for low and high beam.
Yellow fog light bulbs
Die hard platinum battery.

ordered...
Ironman complete suspension kit, comfort soft ride springs in back, Ironman 4x4 FJ Cruiser Front Springs 0-110lbs extra weight, nitro gas front and rear shocks. AIR LIFT 60809 1000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit
Light racing UCA's.
BFG KO2's 275/70/17's
level 8 MK6 gunmetal 17 X9 6-139.70 -12 offset

near future...
Cbi ditch light mounts(gen4 4Runner)
Sliders
smittybuilt xrc 9.5 winch w/synthetic line
bud built hidden winch mount.

Last edited:
level 8.jpg

I like! Nice choice on wheels. I wanted black but got these methods gently used at a steal of a deal locally.

Hey 4x4labs is in Idaho. Maybe you would be interested in a front and rear bumper from them???

that's right, I had them mixed up. Would you be interested in seeing about a rear bumper from there?

from CBI? My budget is blown right now. If CBI gave me a ridiculous deal I would but it's not in the near future.

FYI
Also the apex HID kits are great but the + and - and backwards on both sets(high and low beam) so I was not able to "click" the fitting together I had to flip the plugs over and just tape them good. They were a tight fit so probably no problem just letting you all know. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JHEG8D8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00)
I'm hoping my $1500 metal tech order arrives next week because I'm off wed and thursday and want to slap all my new goodies on!
HID's low and high are installed and love them!.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

First outing with the family to prairie Idaho. It was a great time. My wife loves to do road trips, especially when I don't get service. Chicks love to talk and dudes love to rip through the mountains so it's a win win! Plus we get to eat at some amazing mom and pop restaurants in the woods. Very happy with the gx!

Modification starts Monday night. Tires and wheels are in. Lift will be here Friday. Busy all weekend so I have to stare at all these beautiful parts all weekend.

Lift kit install is been a biatch trying to get those stupid sensors off the top of the front struts was horrible and on top of it my SPC upper control arms didn't come with the grease so I had to halt The whole project it wasn't nearly as easy as my Tacoma that's for sure. hopefully the rear won't be as hard. It was getting late and without the grease I'll have to continue tomorrow. it'll be interesting to see how the upper control arm bolt goes on the passenger side. Thank God I had Metal Tech completely assembled the front struts that would've really thrown a wrench into things

So FYI I did not get any lights on the dash when I removed the front shocks and struts and everything, but when I removed the fuse TEMS fuse in the dash my airbags in the back would not work so I had to put that fuse back in to get the airbags to work for the rear airbag trick. I will be installing the rear aftermarket Springs on Friday and getting my alignment done

Installing the UCAS and front suspension was easy compared to getting the original stuff out. The UCAS bolts were no big deal either.

How is the clearance with the new tires and the running boards?
I am doing something similar with my gx and want to keep the running boards on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A

I will be trimming the running boards for the front tires for sure. I'm gonna keep mine on until I can afford sliders. The nice thing is that the sliders will be very easy to cut. Maybe some slight heat gun work on the front part of the inner fender liner. I'm very happy with the tires and wheels. The guys at discount were all oogling at the setup. The new BFG KO2's are pretty freaking sweet!

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom