Howdy & Keyless Entry Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.bluearbor.com
Howdy,

I bought my first LC this weekend ('97 used with 115k miles) and I wanted to thank everyone (particularly landtank, landtoy80, Rogue and Junk) for the great LC resources / discussion that helped me make my decisions. Really valuable info here.

One of the "need fixed" items on the LC is that they had broken the remote key entry. Does anyone have one of those guides for reprogramming the key? I've seen them available for the 97 Lexus model, but not for the LC.

My key has the two grey lock/unlock buttons and the green panic button. It says "Securikey+" on it and has a small red LED.

There's supposed to be part of the security under the driver's seat.. but I didn't see anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jay
<newbie deluxe>

Jay,

If you have the RS3000 "factory" alarm then go to my web site for the manuals. I recently obtained fax images of the install, EWD, and owner's manuals. As soon as I get a chance to convert them to PDF they will be easier to read. The versions on the web site right now have been floating around on 80s lists for a couple of years. The RS3000 came from John Holmaas (aka Landpimp.)

-B-
Gig 'em Aggies!

My module is actually mounted to the steering column on the left side near the fire wall. Mine was mounted backwards as the base of the module was NOT against the column. Once I turned it around I got a few more feet of activation.

Hello Jay,

If your buttons are actually on the head of the key you DO NOT have a factory alarm. If the vehicle was sold new in Texas or Oklahoma it probably has an aftermarket alarm that was sold through the private distributor that serves Texas and OK and LA and there-abouts. As this system is not a factory item ,I have little knowledge of them other than they exist. We see one every so often when a vehicle escapes from Texas into NM. You will ned to visit with a Texas dealer to get your questions answered.

Cheers, Dan.

Beowulf - Thanks for those manuals.

The remotes on those systems don't look like mine... I've attached a picture of mine below.

I went ahead and made PDF's of those manuals as a thanks - you can download them here:

(right-click and save as..)
http://www.kmc.net/temp/RS3000.pdf
http://www.kmc.net/temp/TVSS.pdf

Cruiserdan - I think you're right, my friends Avalon has the same key, and I remember that it is an aftermarket key.

Thanks for the help.

(here's the key)

TxAggie,

Welcome to the forum. Here you will find a great wealth of information and a bunch of great guys (possibly some gals too). You no doubt made a wise purchase. Now save up some money to make the best even better ;)

Yomama

Guys, he's an Aggie, just tell him to kick out the window and enter "Dukes of Hazzard" style!

...just jokin' with ya...welcome to the board! Some of my closest friends are Aggies. Personally, I did my grad work at Texas Tech, with my in laws all from TU.

-H-

[quote author=Hltoppr link=board=2;threadid=4238;start=0#msg31495 date=1060621795]
Guys, he's an Aggie, just tell him to kick out the window and enter "Dukes of Hazzard" style!

...just jokin' with ya...welcome to the board! Some of my closest friends are Aggies. Personally, I did my grad work at Texas Tech, with my in laws all from TU.

-H-
[/quote]

I thought in Texas, windows are an OEM option!! :D

Well let's see if Cdan really knows his stuff now and posts the part number for the battery in the RS3000 remote. :p

Junk,

Ask and ye shall recieve: 08192-00960, list $8.64 :D

Jay,

That is the private distributor alarm I spoke of.

Dan.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=4238;start=0#msg31522 date=1060631163]
Ask and ye shall recieve: 08192-00960, list $8.64 :D[/quote]
I can't believe they actually have a part number for that. I suppose for the screw too, to keep the 2 halves together? (No, I'm not asking you to look it up, because you'd likely find it :D).

Don't have to look it up, 08192-02870, $.42 :D

That's the one from B's noggin, not the fob :flipoff2: he's got a bunch loose in there (based on his choice of mates. :flipoff2: :eek: :D :D :D

Haha, Cruiserdan is the shiznit.

Thanks man, I went up to the dealership and they told me that its $79 to reprogram the key. Bleh.

FYI, my gun rack is that large compartment under the arm rest - perfect size for the Sig .40!

Thanks for all the welcomes, this board rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom