How you guys mounting your iPhone pluses? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_2797.JPG
IMG_2798.JPG
Here is a picture, I like having it my field of view .

Why not the dash? Seems like it would obstruct winshield vision less...no?
it my obstruct the vision of a midget, but the phone is positioned by my right hand and doesn't block the view for me. It isn't a permanent modification to the dash and there is no where on the left hand side of the dash to stuck the suction cup to. I'm too thrifty to spend the $80 on the proclip mount.

I have the proclip dash mount that would fit your vehicle from my last vehicle (also a 2000 LC) if you want it.

Can you expound on the way it secures to the lower cover area?

Also I see you have a couple "4" screw patterns in the lower pic, were you trying RAM mounts there?
Sure more than happy, here is the first iteration, the one on the forefront is the bolt that holds the upper "Cannondale lefty" mount..
image-XL.jpg

I made all the round part on my Tini Unimat (Amazing machine by the way)
image-XL.jpg

At first I drill six holes on the tranny tunnel and install Riv-Nut's to hold the block of wood (did not have delrin to make one)
image-XL.jpg

I was not sure where the mount stay so i made the plate adjustable (three positions)
image-XL.jpg

Second and so far foundation, I was noticing some harmonic vibrations, so i use the tube (don't pay attention to the slot is a used tube) and it work much better.

image-XL.jpg

Current one and working perfectly, manfroddo products are no joke..
image-XL.jpg

If you have any more questions just let me know..

That's cool,

The PO left the pro clip but I have the XM unit on it. I tried a RAM ball in it and used my Note 4 however it's just to far away or vibrating a bit much for me.

Looking into other options.

I like the design of the Ram mounts but it would annoy me way too much needing to use two hands to put my phone in the mount. I want to be able to do everything with one hand.

That's why I use these on all of my cars (although I haven't put one in the LX yet).

Amazon.com: Arkon Phone Seat Rail or Floor Car or Truck Mount for iPhone 6S 6 Plus 6S 6 5 5S Retail Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

61Z-Ldnn7oL._SL1000_.jpg

Just drop it in place with one hand and then click it closed. To remove, press the button to release the clamp and then take the phone.

Thank you! It's two parts: The phone holder, and bracket (base mount). I bought the phone holder from ProClip and I created the bracket myself. Unfortunately, the 07's have a different dash than 98-02's so I wouldn't be able to fab one that will work for you. ProClip already makes something similar that OP posted that may work well. I think the issue may be OP's holder choice which mounts the phone lower than the holder that are in my pictures. A friend has an 03 with the phone holder I have and OP's base mount and it clears the lever just fine.
ProClip USA | Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts
03-07 LX470 Mount: ProClip Center Dash Mount

Last edited:
I use a suction mount Ram with an iPhone 6 plus cradle... Rock solid, sits above the dash right above the radio.

Zero movement!

Owl Expedition Media Mount

Surprised no one mentioned this yet. I just installed mine and need to order the RAM mounts still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom