How To - Wiring Toyota OEM Fog Light Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this link for wiring a Toyota OEM Fog Light Switch:

Toyota OEM Fog Light Switch

The instructions were spot on but I'll add a short summary.

I ordered the switch from Cruiser Dan at American Toyota part # 00550-35976. Cost $9.26.

-With the indicator light at the top, the prongs on the back are as follows:
Top prong - ground
Middle prong - 12V power in
Bottom prong - 12V power out to relay

In my case I am wiring an auxiliary LED backup/utility light to the bumper and ran the power directly to the light from the switch. According to the switch label it can handle 21 amps which is more than enough for my LEDs.

I have one more note, the switch is not very bright during the day but is clearly visible at night.

Last edited:
Pictures:
switch.jpg
Switch installed.jpg
switch.jpg
Switch installed.jpg

You have your seat heater switches mounted up side down. :hillbilly: j/k

I thought those switches had been discontinued, but guess not!

Thanks for the wiring info! :cheers:

I thought about putting them in the other way but then they look upside down while sitting.

I got the switches off fleaBay and they came out of one of the Lexus sedans but I don't remember which model. They came with the wiring pigtails so I was happy.

I think you need more switches... :flipoff2:

I'm out of space unless Nakman can design another widget for mounting switches.

I found this link for wiring a Toyota OEM Fog Light Switch:

Toyota OEM Fog Light Switch

The instructions were spot on but I'll add a short summary.

I ordered the switch from Cruiser Dan at American Toyota part # 00550-35976. Cost $9.26.

-With the indicator light at the top, the prongs on the back are as follows:
Top prong - ground
Middle prong - 12V power in
Bottom prong - 12V power out to relay

In my case I am wiring an auxiliary LED backup/utility light to the bumper and ran the power directly to the light from the switch. According to the switch label it can handle 21 amps which is more than enough for my LEDs.

I have one more note, the switch is not very bright during the day but is clearly visible at night.
Bump

Hoping someone can help me out with a hand drawing or picture I've got the fog lamp switch ready to hook up to my new LEDs but I'm not clear on what is top and what is considered bottom for wiring it up the first time correctly.

Are my photos correct?

Thanks MUD:flipoff2:

Screenshot_20200729-154636.png

Screenshot_20200729-154626.png

They look right to me :p

The light switch installs like this.

FC4946E4-FA81-4807-A939-B67E2D95050A.png

I'm installing into a 1997 fzj80, and suggest on which fuse I should tap for led Aux front bumper driving lights?

Or...... Just come strait off battery with fuse, no key to get light?

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks MUD

For a light load like LED add a fuse will work fine.

View attachment 2389098
Thanks Land Cruiser Phil any suggestions on which circuit I should tap off of? I wired them up yesterday and the wiring harness I got from Baja designs I hook them directly to the battery and used a Toyota factory fog rocker switch.

I used them for the first time last night but I noticed when oncoming traffic I have to turn off two switches.

I saw Slee also makes a replacement wiring harness where they only work off the high beams.

What's say you MUD, you like your axillary LEDs ran hot on a separate switch, tied into the headlights, or tapped off an ignition accessory fuse?

Screenshot_20200731-084400.png

Screenshot_20200731-084406.png

I like having the ability to run front and rear LED add-on lights without the key.... It also keeps battery drain to a minimum while parked. Direct to battery with add-on fuse gets my vote.

I like having the ability to run front and rear LED add-on lights without the key.... It also keeps battery drain to a minimum while parked. Direct to battery with add-on fuse gets my vote.
Perfect, makes sense, thanks. This is how I have them wired out the gate 🤣

Looks like you used THHN wire are you an electrician? Any fuse will be fine the bussing on back of the fuse panel is all the same.
Yes sir, 28 years i have been an electrician. I felt stranded thhn was ok but not ideal, a friend who is more knowledgeable on vehicle wiring recommended Tufzel wire. As you can imagine i have lots of THHN laying around my shop. I have seen this wire tolerate complete hell and survive for decades but it is not designed for the vibration of a vehicle. I may look at upgrading later.

Since this post I switched up my configuration. I really like the quality of the Toyota OEM fog light but the dim Orange was hard to see at night.

I upgrade to a bright blue LED rocker switch and tapped power off the fuse panel ignition for lighter.

Screenshot_20210328-123119.png

Screenshot_20210328-123125.png

Is there a version of this switch that has high and low functions? I'm trying to use this switch for a set I got from Diode Dynamics that offers high and low options. Thanks.

Is there a version of this switch that has high and low functions? I'm trying to use this switch for a set I got from Diode Dynamics that offers high and low options. Thanks.
Use a second rear heater switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom