how to hook up a rpm meter on a fj60 (2 Viewers)

hward1

87 fj60 / 95 fjz80
i think i might have it reading online -- i guess i will see tomorrow but i will hook up the green to neg. on coil and black to ground -- will see if rpms show a reading

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Did you order that particular model? Does the documentation say that it will work with 6 cylinder engines as well?

2mbb

SILVER Star
Did you order that particular model? Does the documentation say that it will work with 6 cylinder engines as well?

If you look to the right side of the face there are pairs of scales, one for "6cyl" and one for "8cyl". For "4cyl" you double the reading from the 8cyl scale. You could probably read a 5cyl engine too, if such a thing were to exist (5 cyl with a coil), but you would have to multiply the 6cyl scale by 6/5 or the 8cyl by 8/5. The meter is essentially counting how many spark fires in a minute. The different scales effectively divide by 6 or 8.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
If you look to the right side of the face there are pairs of scales, one for "6cyl" and one for "8cyl". For "4cyl" you double the reading from the 8cyl scale. You could probably read a 5cyl engine too, if such a thing were to exist (5 cyl with a coil), but you would have to multiply the 6cyl scale by 6/5 or the 8cyl by 8/5. The meter is essentially counting how many spark fires in a minute. The different scales effectively divide by 6 or 8.

Gotcha, didn't see that on the side. Thanks for the clarification :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom