how to hook up a rpm meter on a fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i think i might have it reading online -- i guess i will see tomorrow but i will hook up the green to neg. on coil and black to ground -- will see if rpms show a reading

Did you order that particular model? Does the documentation say that it will work with 6 cylinder engines as well?

Did you order that particular model? Does the documentation say that it will work with 6 cylinder engines as well?

If you look to the right side of the face there are pairs of scales, one for "6cyl" and one for "8cyl". For "4cyl" you double the reading from the 8cyl scale. You could probably read a 5cyl engine too, if such a thing were to exist (5 cyl with a coil), but you would have to multiply the 6cyl scale by 6/5 or the 8cyl by 8/5. The meter is essentially counting how many spark fires in a minute. The different scales effectively divide by 6 or 8.

If you look to the right side of the face there are pairs of scales, one for "6cyl" and one for "8cyl". For "4cyl" you double the reading from the 8cyl scale. You could probably read a 5cyl engine too, if such a thing were to exist (5 cyl with a coil), but you would have to multiply the 6cyl scale by 6/5 or the 8cyl by 8/5. The meter is essentially counting how many spark fires in a minute. The different scales effectively divide by 6 or 8.

Gotcha, didn't see that on the side. Thanks for the clarification :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom