How to clear " maintenance Required " screen? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KNA

Threads
Hello everyone, I perform my own engine oil changes and replaced the oil at approximately 3000 miles.
This screen just appeared which I assume its a standard service screen according to the mileage on the vehicle. How do you reset this screen?
2017 Land Cruiser....

Thanks guys

LC image.JPG

Put "reset toyota land cruiser service indicator" into your search engine.

Not on page 441 for 2013.

This worked:

6310A81A-05E2-4113-B6F7-FE32A86A4BF1.png

BTW not sure how long it's been since you did an oil change but if you're using 0W-20 synthetic you can go a lot longer than 3,000 miles between oil changes. I've had my oil tested after 6500 miles (more than half of which was towing a 5000# trailer in 4th gear, and the rest was pure city driving with stop signs or traffic lights every 200 yards) and Blackstone said that there were still plenty of additives in the oil and I should run 8,000 miles next time and send them a new sample.

If you don't tow or live and drive solely in the city, you can easily run 5000-6000 miles between oil changes without worrying, and very likely could go 10,000 miles without issue.

^ This.

Every 5K rotation, oil, and filter. Do it on the 5's on the odo and you don't even need to think about it. (i.e. 45,000, 50,000, 55,000, etc).

Yep here's what Blackstone sent me. The maintenance minder is set to 5k intervals, so use that for your next oil change, or go longer. If I can go 6300 miles of hard driving and the TBN is still 2.5, most people can easily go 10-12k.
upload_2018-6-15_10-6-30.png

Yep here's what Blackstone sent me. The maintenance minder is set to 5k intervals, so use that for your next oil change, or go longer. If I can go 6300 miles of hard driving and the TBN is still 2.5, most people can easily go 10-12k.
View attachment 1723758

All great, but you have not told us what oil you are using :bang:

I guess it's 0w-20, but is it Toyota TGMO, Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum, Amsoil, or what?

TIA

It's all 0w-20.

That first sample at 4600 miles and ~6 months was probably Toyota GMO since the last oil change was at the dealer prior to vehicle sale to me. Subsequent ones (including the one at 6300 miles) have been Quaker State Ultimate Durability.

I'm at 6 months and 4900 miles right now. I have 2 camping trips planned including one to the UP, so I'll change the oil before the LCDC and for kicks I may do another test when I change the oil after coming back from my summer trip (Chicago to LCDC, Mesa Verde, Taos, Santa Fe, Carlsbad, and Big Bend and back). Google maps says that's 3700 miles of highway towing, plus offroading, so I should be able to get another ~75% heavy use sample run in Sept/Oct.

I assume since Toyota sticks more closely to old school/ simple tech, the oil change light "Does Not" track when you should change the oil by engine hours, use, or any other parameter besides time and mileage, correct? In other words, this light or dash display should only be popping up every 5k miles or 6 months from when it was last reset .... Or ... if you decide to custom set the intervals in the display.

Let me know if I am wrong in my thinking on this.

My father inlaw drives a 2017 Tahoe and it supposedly tells you when to change it base on your driving habits, engine hours, mileage, and time elapsed?? I kinda like that.

I assume since Toyota sticks more closely to old school/ simple tech, the oil change light "Does Not" track when you should change the oil by engine hours, use, or any other parameter besides time and mileage, correct? In other words, this light or dash display should only be popping up every 5k miles or 6 months from when it was last reset .... Or ... if you decide to custom set the intervals in the display.

Let me know if I am wrong in my thinking on this.

My father inlaw drives a 2017 Tahoe and it supposedly tells you when to change it base on your driving habits, engine hours, mileage, and time elapsed?? I kinda like that.
it's 100% done by mileage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom