Rear screen delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to remove the factory rear screens in my '18. I found a product on Victory 4x4 that covers the holes. Is there another product anyone recommends or any info from anyone who has used these? VLCMD.html Does anything with entertainment system need to be done besides unhooking them and installing the covers?

Second, is there a market to sell the factory screens and if so, what is a recommended price point?

I have the Victory 4x4 filler panels. They look nice and I am happy with them. I put some speaker grill cloth behind them so that you can't see into the back of the seat. Rear seat passengers will def want to make sure they wear seat belts cause they are very solid steel and wouldn't be nice to a head/face if an accident occurred. I sold my 2016 screens for about 1K each on eBay. Took a month or 2 for them to both sell. Not sure if the market for them is still the same but the 2016+ are very prone to getting crushed from tilting the 2nd row seats forward to aggressively.

There is at least 2 products here in the USA to fill the holes. When you do you can add "flat mount" USB chargers there also, if you have an LX then you can put the deep mount USB chargers there.

I thought I was being nice and sold my screen for $50 to a guy who said his kid broke one .. then he turned around and sold it for $1500.

I’ve got the Victory 4x4 plates and they’re solid. They’re easy to align and screw down. I’m not really thrilled about the holes with no backing. Thanks @arock for the idea…

The annoying part of the install is disconnecting the little blue electrical connector. Disconnecting that connector on each side made the project 3x longer than it should have been if that connector had been a little more accessible.

IMG_1656.jpeg

I have some other plates, they are more stylish. I can post a pic later.. someone took off with my LC.

Nothing needs to be done other than removing the screens and installing a cover. I know those I linked to above do not interfere with also installing a headrest tablet mount and using an iPad in place of the screens. I sold mine to Mud members via the forum classifieds, so maybe look there for pricing info?

I have the victory 4x4 for a while now. Easy install and there is a video on how to remove the screens and the pesky plug mentioned above. Was not to bad after watching the video.

I’ve got the Victory 4x4 plates and they’re solid. They’re easy to align and screw down. I’m not really thrilled about the holes with no backing. Thanks @arock for the idea…

The annoying part of the install is disconnecting the little blue electrical connector. Disconnecting that connector on each side made the project 3x longer than it should have been if that connector had been a little more accessible.

View attachment 3536752
Needlenose pliers help or you can undo the bolts and carefully pull the screen away with one hand to get easy access to that connector.

just put on the victory4x4 panels, not sure if i install them properly but you could merely adjust the mounting bracket left/right and near 0 room for adjustment up and down, the fit seems dangerous too me. Less so worried for a head on collision, but more from side as kids move head around and sometimes pick up things on the floor. see pictures and advice welcome.

IMG_7324.jpg
IMG_7325.jpg
IMG_7327.jpg

just put on the victory4x4 panels, not sure if i install them properly but you could merely adjust the mounting bracket left/right and near 0 room for adjustment up and down, the fit seems dangerous too me. Less so worried for a head on collision, but more from side as kids move head around and sometimes pick up things on the floor. see pictures and advice welcome.

View attachment 3538026View attachment 3538027View attachment 3538028

Wait you put the victory plates on a 16+ 570? Which ones did you order? I messaged them and the told me nothing they had would fit. I much prefer the metal over the plastic trekbox versions (not to mention its half the price)

Having now seen the metal Victory plates with the sharp edges, holes, and high bulge, I prefer the smooth plastic ones. Maybe it’s the LX/LC difference?
1709755613800.jpeg

View attachment 3538026View attachment 3538027View attachment 3538028
Maybe drill another set of holes to raise the panel up. That would probably get it to fit around the curve better. If you didn't want to see any of the holes, have them wrapped in some sort of vinyl/leather?

I need a remote since my girls lost mine if you are not needing it’s services any longer….😝

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom