How much should new suspension cost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a 2007 that has its original suspension. I realize labor costs vary by region, but I’d love thoughts on what I should expect to pay to replace shocks/struts etc.
Thanks in advance.

what are you looking at having done? a complete new suspension, coils, torsion bars shocks, lift?
X2 to above AHC?
no struts on these rigs
time will depend on what is being done and if things are rusty and how they come apart

The key to all good questions is to provide as little information as possible. You’re off to a great start @DubR !

What’s your intended use of the vehicle?
How many miles?
Ahc?
Lift or stock height?

The key to all good questions is to provide as little information as possible. You’re off to a great start @DubR !

What’s your intended use of the vehicle?
How many miles?
Ahc?
Lift or stock height?
Ha! I’d like to say the vagueness was intentional, but really I’m just ignorant. I live in a city so it’s a daily driver and I need to drive highway to get off roads. But she does get off road—not boulder crawling.

It’s stock height. Yes, AHC. 112,000 miles.

I suppose I’d consider a 2” lift if I have to replace quite a bit. But not sold on it at this point.

Thanks, mate.

I do. Interesting. Why is that?
Thanks.
AHC is a robust (and often totally misunderstood) hydro-pneumatic suspension system on all the Lexus LX470 models and most the 06-07 Toyota LCs. It's wear items are "globes", electrical sensors and fluid, but not really the "shocks". The "shocks" from a visual perspective on AHC are just hydraulic rams and they face less wear and tear than normal shocks on other cars. The shocks from a functional perspective are the globes. The globes normally last 100k-150k miles. Yours are likely due. Easy and relatively cheap job. $600-800 in parts if sourced smartly and labor is a few hours if you can find someone that knows the system.

AHC is a very durable system and chances are if you're replacing anything other than globes or height sensors you probably don't know what you're doing.

Forget "replacing" things and go read up on the ABCs of AHC thread. 15 minutes of reading might save you thousands and leave you with a much nicer ride for the life of the vehicle. :)

AHC is a robust (and often totally misunderstood) hydro-pneumatic suspension system on all the Lexus LX470 models and most the 06-07 Toyota LCs. It's wear items are "globes", electrical sensors and fluid, but not really the "shocks". The "shocks" from a visual perspective on AHC are just hydraulic rams and they face less wear and tear than normal shocks on other cars. The shocks from a functional perspective are the globes. The globes normally last 100k-150k miles. Yours are likely due. Easy and relatively cheap job. $600-800 in parts if sourced smartly and labor is a few hours if you can find someone that knows the system.

AHC is a very durable system and chances are if you're replacing anything other than globes or height sensors you probably don't know what you're doing.

Forget "replacing" things and go read up on the ABCs of AHC thread. 15 minutes of reading might save you thousands and leave you with a much nicer ride for the life of the vehicle. :)
Thanks, @suprax7nut

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom