how many washers are needed on the front shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i put two washers on the top front shocks, one on the bottom of the nut and one below the shock tower is this correct?

attached is a picture from an 80 series....is this the way to do it (it has 3 washers here).

ne1 have a pic for a 60 series..
ome_13.jpg

This is what the parts microfiche shows for OEM shocks on the front. Sort of like you show for the 80 series, but the middle retainer is flipped around and used against the upper bushing. The middle retainer is also a different part than the outer ones. It should have a larger hole to accept the lip on the bushing.
front shock.JPG

Just did this yesterday and thought the same thing.

Only two washers on the top pin. Look at the washers, there will be one that has a larger hole. I used that one for the bottom mount.

So it goes washer, bushing, bracket, bushing washer. That was the OME shocks I did yesterday. That's how I did it. Hope I'm not wrong here. There was only three washers in the kit so this is what I figured.

Yeah I installed mine like the picture 2mbb shows.

Pete,

Where in the east bay are you located?

Just did this yesterday and thought the same thing.

Only two washers on the top pin. Look at the washers, there will be one that has a larger hole. I used that one for the bottom mount.

So it goes washer, bushing, bracket, bushing washer. That was the OME shocks I did yesterday. That's how I did it. Hope I'm not wrong here. There was only three washers in the kit so this is what I figured.

what i did on mine was washer, bushing, bracket, washer bushing....so we differ a little bit....

anyone else want to chime in on this....

what i did on mine was washer, bushing, bracket, washer bushing....so we differ a little bit....

anyone else want to chime in on this....

I guess a little bit.

Basically I used the bracket as a washer for the bushing, made sure there was metal on each side of the bushing and than cranked down the nut to hold it all in place.

I guess a little bit.

Basically I used the bracket as a washer for the bushing, made sure there was metal on each side of the bushing and than cranked down the nut to hold it all in place.

thats how my father thought he did not include a washer next to the bracket. im glad u did this too , now i dont have to reinstall them!:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom