How many triple locked 100's here? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Harrop on the front. LSD still works on the rear. If the rear LSD ever goes, it will get another Harrop.
Go stand in that corner with other money-smart kids. This area is for nerds who spend too much on stuff they rarely use! :rofl:
/JK

Go stand in that corner with other money-smart kids. This area is for nerds who spend too much on stuff they rarely use! :rofl:
/JK

I was replacing the front cv's in efforts to eliminate drive train clunk, was under the truck with everything out of the way and was like...ya know, I'm only a few bolts away from this diff being dropped. And once it's dropped, I'm only a box and some foam away from shipping it off...and once I ship it off, I'm only a couple weeks away from getting it back with a locker inside of it, then only a couple of days from eliminating any irrational infatuation with G-Wagons bc they are triple locked.

"While I'm in here...."

/JK
True that! ^
I look at it as my insurance policy "So I can get back from where or what I have gotten myself into." :hmm:
The wife might have a different view. 😁

Harrop on the front. LSD still works on the rear. If the rear LSD ever goes, it will get another Harrop.

My 99 LX will have the same setup by the end of this week :)

/JK

LOL.. I actually did it to turn a 1999 model weakness (2 pinion) into a (4 pinion) strength. So now I'm "up to date" like Kansas City. :rofl::rofl:

Triple locked in my 99. Factory E-locker in the rear, ARB air locker up front. The amount of control and traction gained in technical obstacles is absolutely unbelievable. Since the install, I've done a few of the harder trails in my area of Colorado (Ironclad / T-33 Plane crash trail and St. Vrain) with decent obstacles and was amazed how much traction was available. Being able to lock in prior to an obstacle and traverse at low speeds with zero wheelspin does wonders.

Been triple locked for many, many years. Lost the front locker (due to internal failure: ARB) and have not taken the time to fix it. Capability has been severely compromised. Wife is embarrassed and doesn't want to wheel anymore. Must fix front locker.

Been triple locked for many, many years. Lost the front locker (due to internal failure: ARB) and have not taken the time to fix it. Capability has been severely compromised. Wife is embarrassed and doesn't want to wheel anymore. Must fix front locker.
Triple locked. It makes hard things easy. Especially if you are not overly skilled

Tripple locked and A-Trac equipped here. TJM air locker in the front, E-locked in the back. A-track is enough about 80% of the time, rear has been needed the other 15% and front only used a few times in the last 3-4 years.

Have Harrop e-lockers for front and rear sitting in my garage, decided against ARB. Takes a bit longer to engage - but simplicity is the trade-off. Besides my 06 LC with AHC is already limited on space for a compressor, and rather have the dual battery. Anyways - have the ATRAC system and having second thoughts about installing the front locker. Also on the fence about 4.88 gearing. I AM doing the Marlin Crawler low range 3.12 gear.

Should I skip the 4.88s and just install both lockers and the Marlin Gear? Save $1295 (cost of gear set from cruiser brothers)?? Have 33's now and will go to 34.5” plus or minus, no larger (after some other things I need to do).

Arizona trails are indicative of front wheel lift. I am at an impasse ... thoughts? If I skip the 4.88s I can always install the front locker later if I feel I need it. Currently I can't find a place in Arizona to do the install anyways.

Alternatively, you can also re-gear your t-case high range to 1.1:1 at the same time you do your low range. That'll save money for sure. But some people report slight gear whine... so that's up to you to decide.

Edit: I read your other post about the Viscous Coupler.... you can also swap the VC from an 80 series transfer case into the 100 series t-case, if you wanted.

Last edited:
Have Harrop e-lockers for front and rear sitting in my garage, decided against ARB. Takes a bit longer to engage - but simplicity is the trade-off. Besides my 06 LC with AHC is already limited on space for a compressor, and rather have the dual battery. Anyways - have the ATRAC system and having second thoughts about installing the front locker. Also on the fence about 4.88 gearing. I AM doing the Marlin Crawler low range 3.12 gear.

Should I skip the 4.88s and just install both lockers and the Marlin Gear? Save $1295 (cost of gear set from cruiser brothers)?? Have 33's now and will go to 34.5” plus or minus, no larger (after some other things I need to do).

Arizona trails are indicative of front wheel lift. I am at an impasse ... thoughts? If I skip the 4.88s I can always install the front locker later if I feel I need it. Currently I can't find a place in Arizona to do the install anyways.
With the 5sp and Marlin low, you could pass on the 4:88s. I have the 4sp and 4:88 and it is really LOW.
If you are doing CRAZY trails and wanted something lower could replace your 4:10s with 4:30s. You could get some cheap 4:30 take-offs from a 4sp 100. Actually I have a set sitting in my garage.
I could send them to Zuk down your way if you wanted someone to check them out. Rears are factory, fronts are low mileage Nitros. For that matter maybe Zuk has some sitting around.

What @Skidoo and @hoser said. If you are still unsure about the installer, I highly recommend ZUK gearinstalls.com like everyone else. Dude knows what he is doing, communicates clearly and often.

With the 5sp and Marlin low, you could pass on the 4:88s. I have the 4sp and 4:88 and it is really LOW.
If you are doing CRAZY trails and wanted something lower could replace your 4:10s with 4:30s. You could get some cheap 4:30 take-offs from a 4sp 100. Actually I have a set sitting in my garage.
I could send them to Zuk down your way if you wanted someone to check them out. Rears are factory, fronts are low mileage Nitros. For that matter maybe Zuk has some sitting around.

What @Skidoo and @hoser said. If you are still unsure about the installer, I highly recommend ZUK gearinstalls.com like everyone else. Dude knows what he is doing, communicates clearly and often.

Doing business with Zuk was one of my best ever automotive experiences. I shipped mine from AR to AZ just to have him build it.

3x locked w/ ARB on both. I wanted to get rid of the 2-pinion weakness on my '99 and since I was putting a rear one in, why not the front too? I wanted the overkill to make up for my lack of skill.

I haven't used it much but it's my DD at the moment and I generally assuage my need for actually going out and wheeling with watching youtube videos of other people doing it. Before I go out even once now that I'm in Washington State (here 1.5 years already) I'm hoping to get bumpers too so I can have even more off-roady sh** on my daily-driven, gass-guzzling rig. Wait; why the f*** do I have this thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom