How many miles is too many (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
Saw this great looking 98 limited for $7800. It has 178,000 miles on it. Buying this for daughterofromer, I would like it to last 5 years. I'm sure it would hang on a couple, but 5 years?

What do you guys think. I was targeting a 96-99 with less than 100K miles. I know that would be more.

Having just bought a used car for my daughter, I would say to keep looking. Unless that truck has a spotless history of maintenance. I would look for a lower mileage, well maintained truck, especially since trucks tend to get run hard and often are not maintained well. I ended up wilth a Nissan, not a Toyota, but it had 61K miles and a spotless history of dealer service dating back to new. By the way, I spent $2500. :grinpimp:

Being a Toyota, it would most likely last that long. Just starting life with that kind of mile. My runner has 234000 miles on it, still running strong. My friend Brian, he has 350000+ miles on his truck, and it still starts up everyday(and he wheels it hard). I'd say keepin looking for that one truck, if you cant find it in a few months. Try and settle for something in the middle..

Definitely keep looking, unless you can get it for under $6k. Then just plan for some maintenance in the future.

What's wrong with 286,463.232km over five years, even if the Maintenance was done at the Time Intervals, rather than Distance? :flamingo: ~158km per day.

I'm assuming it has the 3.4 since it is a Limited? I know a few 3.4's that are pushing 200,000 mi. and still running strong. The earlier motors were more prone to problems but anything after mid 97 should be good to go for the distance.

I'd certainly have a competant mechanic give the vehicle, especially the motor, a thorough going through.

BTW, is there a sonofromer who you'd like to buy a car for? If not, I volunteer to be adopted:D

Cruiserdrew said:
I ended up wilth a Nissan, not a Toyota,

What?! Sacriliedge!! If you break a birf one day, you will know the Toyota gods were not happy with you! hehe

FirstToy said:
What?! Sacriliedge!! If you break a birf one day, you will know the Toyota gods were not happy with you! hehe

Maybe so, but I do have 4 Toyotas and the Nissan was too good a deal to pass up. At least it isn't a Daimler/Chrysler product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom