how low $$ do you think they will get (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RAYJON

Get a bigger hammer..
Threads
93-95 with lockers .. I have seen some real clean mall cruisers in the 6k range.....or less... I would say they are about as low as they will get as they are already cheeper than a clean 60....

RAY- Yea it looks like they're about as cheap as they're going to get. Plus gas prices have taken a temporary dip, so that might change things a bit in the short term.

BTW is that a typo in your sig? The wife has the rig with the 305 MTRs, 2.5" OME, and you've got the bone stock rig? She's the offroader and you're the mall cruiser?

Whats a gatecrasher??????

The reason I am asking is, Cruisers the way I look at it 93-94 are at utility value anything under about 5k in good condition.. On the used market 5k doesn't buy much and a 10 year old crusier with 200k to me is worth more than a new explorer or whaever GM calls their blazer now... better design and better build quality stronger drivetrain, I know they get lousy gas milage but I can buy alot of gas for the cost of parts on the gm and ford stuff...

No it isn't a typo.... I married a country girl from the midwest and she likes it that way... Doesn't even like to drive mine as it is too soft.. I will eventually add sliders and bumpers front and rear to hers when I get the time already have some of the steel and a winch.. Have the tools and the talent just need the time...( 3 kids under the age of 5 is going to kill me) Will probibly buy the sliders for odvious reasons....

As for the 93, We were looking for another vehicle as taking more than one kid in my 92 dodge reg cab was difficult and the company started frowning on the baby seat in the back of my company furd exploder..(brakes, shocks and a rearend in 20k it is a POS)

Looked at several new and used vehicles and came to the conculsion that we really liked what we already had. Looked for a while and found a really, really clean Cal only, 93 cloth with lockers with all the records and the Birfeilds just done negoiated with the owner a little and bought it for 5200. now it has over 200k on it but for something I will use as a second vehicle this is perfect..

As for the gate crasher/ HD brush guard, in Texas and other places they use spring loaded cattle gates, the trick is to bump the gate with the brush guard and the gates open and the springs or some other mechinism returns them back to center. Now they usually only open one way toward the cattle, I have only seen one double swing and it was electrified... cows arn't smart but they will figure it out

Last edited:
RAYJON said:
As for the gate crasher/ HD brush guard, in Texas and other places they use spring loaded cattle gates, the trick is to bump the gate with the brush guard and the gates open and the springs or some other mechinism returns them back to center.

OK here we call them damage multipliers.

RAYJON said:
93-95 with lockers .. I have seen some real clean mall cruisers in the 6k range.....or less... I would say they are about as low as they will get as they are already cheeper than a clean 60....

Not sure where your buying your "clean" 60's, but it they're all more than $6K, you're gettin' screwed. Clean 60's can be had for about half that...

where are you finding these 80's with lockers for 6k?

welcome to So Cal,,, we have more mall cruisers than anyone... Heck high PP Blue Book is less than 7 on 93-94's with over 200k.... you wouldn't beleive the number out there... that are clean and have all the mainence records... The one I bought had been serviced by the dealer heck they even paid the dealer to do the Brakes and Birfeilds. at 205k miles....that was almost 2k alone.... remember most of the people who bought these new were doctors, lawyers and the like, they dont get dirty and they pay to have stuff fixed. and when they sell they look at the blue book for what it is worth.

To me because it is a Toyota and has lockers it is worth more but with the dealers giving less than 5k for trade in and peoples attitudes about high mileage vehicles makes for some screaming deals for the cruiser lover...

if you are looking for one try this, next time you see a mall cruiser look for the locker switch and if there leave a card with your number asking if they want to sell, you may only get one in 10 that respond but that is one... hopefully they have went to a car dealer to trade it in and gotten offered 4 or 5k ...look it over and make an offer...you may get lucky..never know....

BTW remember roughly 1 in 10 cruisers sold here had lockers.. and a clean one is worth more ...fortunately for us the general public (aka most owners)have no idea what diff locks are....

RAYJON said:
remember most of the people who bought these new were doctors, lawyers and the like, they dont get dirty and they pay to have stuff fixed.

I would NOT assume that a Cruiser was well cared for if the PO was a doctor, lawyer or the like. Yes, they have the cash to pay for service, but they work long hours and don't always get around to taking a vehicle in for service regularly. Don't ask me how I know this.

I looked at a lawyer owned 97 with lockers and only about 75K on the odometer. The thing looked and drove like it had two or three times the mileage on it.

sc40 said:
where are you finding these 80's with lockers for 6k?

I found my '93 for $6500 in South Ga over a year ago... with lockers... 100k miles... it was a deal... :cool: a member (Thanks Trent!) found the truck and told me about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom