How heavy are you? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

F26476EC-3011-429F-B2FD-32288F210B5D.jpeg

Not sure how accurate this scale I found in the middle of WA near some farms. I knew my LX was heavy, but this was shocking. Two people and two dogs were in the vehicle so 420lbs added roughly. Still 8k with normal camping stuff that lives in and on the vehicle and all my armor. Any reason to doubt the accuracy?

View attachment 3057115
Not sure how accurate this scale I found in the middle of WA near some farms. I knew my LX was heavy, but this was shocking. Two people and two dogs were in the vehicle so 420lbs added roughly. Still 8k with normal camping stuff that lives in and on the vehicle and all my armor. Any reason to doubt the accuracy?
Would need to look at your full build but that seems high. For comparison my LC was 7240# with:

- Full tank of gas (170#)
- two people (about 300# total)
- Front steel winch+bumper (200#)
- sliders (~150#)
- rear bumper (~200#)
- Roof rack w/ TREDs, empty rotopax, and kayak mounts (~120#)
- One drawer (~50#) full of tools and recovery gear (~100-150#)
- 5x 34" tires (90# each... subtract a stock wheel and I'd assume this adds about 100# total)

Working backwards my LC is ~5800# without mods and people.

View attachment 3057115
Idk your build but I’m leaning toward an inaccurate scale.

When I weighed mine I have armor, front and rear bumpers with 10 gallons of water on rear, drawers full of stuff, 40 gallon LRA, and 350 pounds on the hitch and it’s still 260 pounds less than what your scale is reading.

Unless you sleep on gold bars for pillows I’d be suspect of that number.

Idk your build but I’m leaning toward an inaccurate scale.

When I weighed mine I have armor, front and rear bumpers with 10 gallons of water on rear, drawers full of stuff, 40 gallon LRA, and 350 pounds on the hitch and it’s still 260 pounds less than what your scale is reading.

Unless you sleep on gold bars for pillows I’d be suspect of that number.
Front & rear bumpers, steel skids, sliders, e-rated 35’s, rtt with an awning (combo weighs roughly 300lbs), 10 gallons of water, all the seats are out expect driver & passenger seat. Homemade double stack drawer system, 65l fridge/freezer on opposite side of drawers, homemade platform where the second row went for dogs. I’m guessing between all my recovery/camping gear it’s another 150-200lbs. Think that’s about all of it.

Now that you’ve listed everything on yours the only difference is a 40 gallon LRA which my tent and awning make up the difference so I’m guessing that scale is actually pretty accurate. Considering we were slightly heavier with food and supplies for a trip.

Front & rear bumpers, steel skids, sliders, e-rated 35’s, rtt with an awning (combo weighs roughly 300lbs), 10 gallons of water, all the seats are out expect driver & passenger seat. Homemade double stack drawer system, 65l fridge/freezer on opposite side of drawers, homemade platform where the second row went for dogs. I’m guessing between all my recovery/camping gear it’s another 150-200lbs. Think that’s about all of it.

Now that you’ve listed everything on yours the only difference is a 40 gallon LRA which my tent and awning make up the difference so I’m guessing that scale is actually pretty accurate. Considering we were slightly heavier with food and supplies for a trip.
Sounds like we’re both in the heavyweight division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom