How good is your gas mileage?! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

your gas prices make me :crybaby:
Yea, but the lower gas prices are offset by living in Ohio, where all the great places to drive are a few day's away. There's no legal disbursed camping in Ohio, nor any public land with trails. Just a few miles of off-road parks and a reclaimed mining area in SE Ohio. Gotta go to the Adirondacks, West Virginia, or Michigan's Upper Peninsula for even a minimum of exploring.

Those TFL clowns are in the same realm as Doug Demuro…..

Lots of words and little actual tech you can’t get from reading the “specs” page on a manufacturers website.

Reading specs is big business now. If you can get 80% accuracy they throw test vehicles at you and fly you out to demos.

I use 91, it works for me. I also don’t find ECT to reduce MPG at all, I like the way it drives, so I use it most of the time. Are you judging your mpg off what the computer says? (If so, use gps to compare your ODO to find your conversion, mine is +5%, so my ODO says 100 and I’ve gone 105) Are your tires E rated?
Started off this week with 91 and ECT power on all the time. I am feeling the truck driving much better and more responsive during accelerations. I do not think it's the 91 (not enough time to make a difference I guess), so I am crediting it to the ECT Power. Curious to see the mpg now by the end of the week.

Sub 14 in city and long drives 15-16. And am not driving it as fast as the gx460. 2-3% over speed limit. The tank capacity does not help. 😁😁😁. Wife got a Durango rt and that is fast. Now we have two guzzlers at home. At least the Durango takes 87 octane.

guess i'm at opposite end of this spectrum!

bought my 2021 HE on 31 Dec, 2021. in 1 year i put on ~41K miles. (includes 11 trips OR to UT, 2 trips OR to central ID, 1 trip OR - UT - ID - WY - MT, 2 trips OR - SE Wa) averaged about 15.6 mpg with the Falken Wildpeak 285/65/R18 and 16.3 with stock size Blizzaks for winter. the real shocker was this post got me to go look at my credit card for gas purchases in 2021 - $10,460!
Well the good news is your car probably increased in value more than your outflow of $$ for gas… such a bizarre year for the car market and especially for the LC market…

Yesterday, I drove from Mammoth Lakes, CA to my home in El Dorado Hills, a 213 mile route. The route follows the 395 north and includes driving up mountain passes including the monitor pass up through tahoe. I was generally going the speed limit +5 mph.

Other facts:
- family of four
- 5 days of camping gear
- Fully packed KISS drawers, ARB 50 qt, goal zero lithium 1000
- 91 octane
- “Ect power” on the whole time
- 40 psi
- 285/70/17 BFG load range C
- OME suspension

Miles: 213.465,
Gallons:10.82
MPG: 19.73

View attachment 2085507
I got close to tgat when I was closer to stock. Same drive on the 395 from San Diego. At the time I had 285/75/17, sliders and suspension only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom