How good is your gas mileage?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yesterday, I drove from Mammoth Lakes, CA to my home in El Dorado Hills, a 213 mile route. The route follows the 395 north and includes driving up mountain passes including the monitor pass up through tahoe. I was generally going the speed limit +5 mph.

Other facts:
- family of four
- 5 days of camping gear
- Fully packed KISS drawers, ARB 50 qt, goal zero lithium 1000
- 91 octane
- “Ect power” on the whole time
- 40 psi
- 285/70/17 BFG load range C
- OME suspension

Miles: 213.465,
Gallons:10.82
MPG: 19.73

7D245446-4C86-413C-B6C6-CBFD94B8B975.jpeg

Best fuel economy I've seen was right in the neighbourhood of the same 19-19.5mpg. Drove using cruise control at 100kph, over 120km of mostly flat roads.

LX was stock with the exception of about 400lbs of drawers, gear, compressor, dog, etc.

Yesterday, I drove from Mammoth Lakes, CA to my home in El Dorado Hills, a 213 mile route. The route follows the 395 north and includes driving up mountain passes including the monitor pass up through tahoe. I was generally going the speed limit +5 mph.

Other facts:
- family of four
- 5 days of camping gear
- 91 octane
- 40 psi
- OME suspension

View attachment 2085507

If you are fully stock, that mpg is totally doable on the 395.

Even with larger-than-stock 285/70/17 on Rock Warriors, plus a lift and sliders at the time, I got right around 19 on that same stretch of 395.

Now that my truck is a fully-built, heavy pig though...I’d be lucky to hit 13. My best MPG now comes on slower roads in the 50mph speed zones, where I can still hit as high as 15...but wind resistance at full highways speeds is a killer once heavily built due to drag more than to weight.

That’s for the bad mileage, this is for the good mileage. Big difference. 🤙🏻

I got 18 for a brief, completely flat stretch at 65 mph on I-5 recently. Stayed around 16.5 (18 after converting for 10% wheel diameter difference) for about 30 miles until I took an exit. Then crashed to the normal 13 around town reading.

I'm on 35s with 4.88s and basically stock aero.

That’s for the bad mileage, this is for the good mileage. Big difference. 🤙🏻
This is going to be a short thead.

Other facts:
- family of four
- 5 days of camping gear
- 91 octane
- 40 psi
- OME suspension

View attachment 2085507

Drive from Tahoe to El Dorado Hills. I got like 75 mpg in my Tundra on that run.

Last edited:
This is going to be a short thead.

I always get a chuckle out of the mileage threads. I bought my land cruiser for the fuel efficiency said no one ever. I've never seen better than 19 on a mostly flat stretch of open hwy so your doing pretty darn good @Itsky

I always get a chuckle out of the mileage threads. I bought my land cruiser for the fuel efficiency said no one ever. I've never seen better than 19 on a mostly flat stretch of open hwy so your doing pretty darn good @Itsky

I see it as an unexpected surprise. No one buys it expecting anything better than 15/16mpg. But then when you see close to 20 it makes you feel even better about the purchase.

I know when I started seeing those numbers I was blown away! I didn't think I'd ever see any better than 17 on road trips, and boy does it encourage me even more to use the 200 instead of the daily.

I get between 10.8 and 11.9. ECT always on, manual shift every gear, traction control always off.
The front wheel hop on sharp turns keeps me young!

Just did Grass Valley to Carpinteria and ave was 16.7 mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom