How do I get the FCCID? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I bought my FJ80, I didn't get a key fob. I ordered an aftermarket fob online and it didn't work.

I saw some posts that one needs the FCCID in order to make sure that you have the right fob. The manufacturer of the aftermarket fob told me the same thing.

However, I called Toyota and they said that there is no way for them to get the FCCID based on the VIN of my LC.

Any suggestions?

Ok, found the FCCID. It says BAB237000-129. Now a different problem. I cannot find a fob with that FCCID.

I was going to post a LMGTFY link, but that’s too much work. Welcome to mud :flipoff2:

Try googling your FCCID and “fob”. Guarantee you’ll find some for sale.

But on a serious note, if you really want keyless entry toss the factory alarm and get an aftermarket system. The factory system will die, engage, and leave you stranded to either be towed home or be removed on the trail. BTDT.

My truck did not come with a fob. I never used the alarm.

One night, picking up dinner for the family, I come out of the building to a truck with the parking lights on, all the doors locked, and the ignition disabled. There were no cars around it.

I used the key to unlock the door. Double tapped the key in the door to "disarm" the alarm, and it wouldn't disarm.

Fortunately, I had some tools with me. I popped the hood (horn sounding) and disconnected the battery. Sat for 10 minutes before hooking back up, then double tapped the key in the door, and it started and I drove home. 4 hours later, the alarm was removed completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom