how cool are you? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this is the temp of my fj60 after it warmed up it never really climbs much higher than that except for a few times in PA climbing some huge, long hills. any other fj60s or people running 2fs running about the same temp? its a lil hard to see in the picture but you can still make it out....way down low...remember this is south florida...thanks al

mine looks identical! cool-down, man...! :beer: :cheers:

my 2f in my 40 never gets above 1/4. haven't done much towing with it though

I used to be cool now I am an ass.

Are you bragging about your coolness? Or is is your coolasoity? Coolisimo?

coolisimo man, i own a 60, ya know there known for the ladies, da sex machine......

my 60 runs a little bit warmer than that, but not much and it doesn't matter what i'm doing, it always runs the same temp.

My 60 barely even registered on the gauge unless on the highway, after checking the t-stat I realized the PO did not install the top gasket. After replacing the top gasket all is well.

I was wondering the same thing. My 62 hasn't got above 1/4 on the temp gauge, although I haven't owned it for long and driven it for any distance yet. I thought the 3FE was supposed to be "hotter than hell" under the hood.

8)How's this for kool?? Oh, you mean the truck? It usually never gets above 190 during the summer months, around 175-185 during the colder months. I never trust the stock gauges, so installed an Autometer Temp gauge to be safe..... :cheers:

My wife's '88 FJ62 didn't read over 1/4 on the gauge for the longest time, awfully low from what I reckoned. So, since the thermostat had never been replaced since we owned it and we we're coming up on summer, I replaced it with OEM Toyota. Well, when I got in there the thermostat was broken!! :eek: There are two "legs" on them and one was broken and the thermostat was crushing down and not sealing/working.

A new thermostat and properly placed top gasket and the temp gauge runs right in the middle all the time now as it's normal temp.

'Ya might just want to check yours. It's probably replacement time anyhow :D

Good luck.

Jody.

my 3fe is hot as hell under the hood after pushing it awhile but its just a little warmer on my gauge than yours. im sure its fine... (famous last words)

actually im getting my O2 sensors replaced and throttle position sensor and some other engine pieces so maybe it will be a little cooler or maybe it will just run better. i dont know. who cares. yours looks great and thats all that really matters here.

If you want to drop the temp a bit replace the 190deg t-stat with a 180deg t-stat.

Prolly not any news flash but if your looking for a OEM 180deg t-stat(normal is 190) the part number is 90916-03014 , aplication early 2f motor. Will fit any Cruiser up to at least 1992. Supposedly there is a OEM 170deg t-stat for middle east spec Cruisers......havn't looked for it.

I installed the 180 in my 86fj60.......what do ya know.......it droped the temp 10deg. FWIW I didn't do this because I had overheating problems(everything is new, rad just 2 weeks old) I did it more as an experiment, I just feel better with it running 180-190deg(as checked with non contact infered meter) I will be installing the 180 deg into both my 40s this week.

John H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom