Horn .......no work .....?? 1993/4 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Normandy Park Wa. ........now in San Diego Ca.
The horn was intermitent at best before but now ....NOTHING !!! I have teken off the pillow and cleaned everything behind it. The horn/relay does work in alarm mode. "honk-on honk, honk-off" just not when pillow is pushed from drivers seat. Any ideas?

Thanks

In2cruisers said:
The horn was intermitent at best before but now ....NOTHING !!! I have teken off the pillow and cleaned everything behind it. The horn/relay does work in alarm mode. "honk-on honk, honk-off" just not when pillow is pushed from drivers seat. Any ideas?

Thanks

Pillow? That is interesting, I have never heard it called that...

Well having just dismantled the entire steering column on my '94 I can give you a couple things to look for. Directly behing the "pillow" there is a single wire connection. This may have come loose. The ground for the "pillow" switch is also the bolt that holds the "pillow" on to the steering wheel. This bolts in from behind on the arm of the steering wheel that points down. Make sure this is tight as my horn wouldn't work until I had tightened this bolt all the way.

To know what is all looks like back there click here "Wiper control arm fix/Steering column write up.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom