Horn and cruise not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I am trying to fix some issues on my 2001 lx470. Recently the cruise and horn have started only working when the steering wheel is turned a certain way. All fuses seem to be ok. I pulled the front cover and it seems like everything connects to a round plastic piece, which I am guessing is the problem. Can this be fixed, or does it require a new part? And is it even my issue? I'm wondering if maybe there are some prongs that contact another peice and maybe they have worn down or are no longer contacting the other side? I appreciate any insight! If anyone knows what that peice is called or a part number it would also be much appreciated!

That’s your clockspring. Super easy to replace yourself. Replaced in my old hundy in all of a couple minutes. You’ll need a torque wrench Ndscrew driver, and some contact cleaner wouldn’t hurt either

I tried to go the cheap route and can’t track down the part number for the one I used at the moment, but if you check partsouq.com you should find the OEM one pretty easily.

I ran into an issue where neither horn nor cruise control worked, and then for a short period, pressing the Cruise Control On/Off toggle would blow the horn. Fun stuff.

That’s your clockspring. Super easy to replace yourself. Replaced in my old hundy in all of a couple minutes. You’ll need a torque wrench Ndscrew driver, and some contact cleaner wouldn’t hurt either

I tried to go the cheap route and can’t track down the part number for the one I used at the moment, but if you check partsouq.com you should find the OEM one pretty easily.

I ran into an issue where neither horn nor cruise control worked, and then for a short period, pressing the Cruise Control On/Off toggle would blow the horn. Fun stuff.
Thanks for the info! I could not find that part on the schematic I usually use from a dealer website, was able to find the correct part number now that I know what it's called! Now to get it and 10 other projects finished on this thing before a long trip!

Thanks for the info! I could not find that part on the schematic I usually use from a dealer website, was able to find the correct part number now that I know what it's called! Now to get it and 10 other projects finished on this thing before a long trip!
Glad I could help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom