Hood/Bonnet emblem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the exact spot on the bonnet where one drills a hole for the eblem?

Cheers

He's probably talking about the ones you see on the overseas models...makes sense he's in London?

I see them a lot in pics of cruisers in the middle east

id just center it by measuring for the center line on the hood. maybe an inch/30mm or so up from the edge of the hood would be about the right sopt

Thanks very much - yes I meant the emblem on the hood, obviously centered but not sure how far back...thanks.

Thanks very much - yes I meant the emblem on the hood, obviously centered but not sure how far back...thanks.
Look underneath from the inside of the hood. There may be a marking or hole in the support sheet metal for access to the screws that hold it on.

bump.jpg

Forget about drilling holes; I did that and you need 3 holes. One for a little bolt, one for a fixing thing and one for a spring which is on the underside. Mine is crooked. by the way.
Just make the underside of the ornament flush and stick it on with sikaflex.

If that helps...
IMG_20190427_164409.jpg
IMG_20190427_164421.jpg
IMG_20190427_164413.jpg

The emblem arrived today but of course it’s not going to be such a simple install.
Seems mad to drill three holes.

0CAF61B1-66F1-46D2-A03E-F4C01DA2E066.jpeg

The bolt and plastic thingie can be flexed off. Remains one hole. Less chance of installing crooked. My plastic thingie broke off first time test install.

Each to their own but I prefer the look look of the hood without that monument sticking up.

Each to their own but I prefer the look look of the hood without that monument sticking up.

I like it because it gives me something to aim with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom