Honeymoon Trip to Sedona (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

awesomeissquid

SILVER Star
Threads
Will be visiting the Sedona area in May following my upcoming wedding. Planning to make the trip in our 100 series and wanted to see anything that might be worthwhile. Figured I would ask the nice people here since you would know best. Appreciate any recommendations for trails to hit!

Congrats! Sedona is a very beautiful and romantic place. If you like history, the Palatki Ruins are pretty cool. The Broken Arrow Trail is a fun, short 4x4 trail with gorgeous views. Grabbing a drink or dinner at L'Auberge is also a nice respite. Cucina Rustica is some great italian food for a dinner. Wandering the shops of T'laquepaque is pretty fun too. There's no shortage of epic hikes in Sedona but I really dig the Devil's Bridge. The Mariposa is a pretty amazing steak house with beautiful views but it is $$$. Depending on traffic, I'd also suggest driving the scenic 89-A towards Flagstaff. It's a beautiful canyon road with great hikes (West Fork) and breakfast/lunch spots like Indian Gardens. Those are my hit list amigo. Have a wonderful time. Congrats again!

284DE7B4-B334-475D-BC3F-C33FCF0B8CD3.jpeg

2F8BA9F4-D838-4C47-9E2D-79AFEFB3734F.jpeg

Schnebly hill is trail from Sedona up to the rim. With all the moisture we've last summer and this winter condition may not be the best. Broken Arrow is a tourist spot and sure it is better maintained. If coming across I-40 once on I-17 the exit for Pulliam airport with get you to 89A. Could also head down 89 in Ashfork then head north on 89A from Prescott. That would take down Mingus Mountain, another scenic drive.

This is Broken Arrow back in the mid nineties.
001029.jpg

If you decide to do Schnebly Hill My suggestion is to do it downhill, the views are spectacular.

/this\

Book your dinner reservations now!!! Especially the high end restaurants, they often fill up months in advance. The Vault is really good with a spectacular patio view. Elote is always booked and well respected. Check out Sedona Beer Company if your are in the uptown area.

Diamondback Gulch Trail (formerly Greasy Spoon) will be doable in a 100 if it's dry and is a fun trail.

Book your dinner reservations now!!! Especially the high end restaurants, they often fill up months in advance. The Vault is really good with a spectacular patio view. Elote is always booked and well respected. Check out Sedona Beer Company if your are in the uptown area.

Diamondback Gulch Trail (formerly Greasy Spoon) will be doable in a 100 if it's dry and is a fun trail.
Didn’t know they renamed Greasy Spoon. Yep plenty of great views everywhere in Sedona. If you can do it during the week it is a little less crazy🙄. Congratulations 🎊

Not that far away from Jerome also (day trip), cool place to check out if you have never been there.

If you and your wife-to-be enjoy wine, there are excellent wineries with dining nearby -- Dancing Apache, Page Springs, and Merkin located in Page Springs and Cottonwood, respectively. Up the Creek in Page Springs also has exceptional food and quite the wine cellar. Enjoy, and congrats to you both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom