Holiday Entree (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
What is everyone having?

4-Maine lobsters for the wife and I.

Grilled, steamed, rolls and sashimi-- @spressomon got me hooked on sashimi.

Merry Christmas everyone,

J

P1000812.JPG
P1000814.JPG
P1000813.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure...which is another way of saying I don't have a plan :D. Highly unlikely we will be eating fresh Maine lobster though :D

Family in route so may just punt and go out to dinner tomorrow...or head down to the wharf and grab some MB dungeness crabs...

Not sure...which is another way of saying I don't have a plan :D. Highly unlikely we will be eating fresh Maine lobster though :D

Family in route so may just punt and go out to dinner tomorrow...or head down to the wharf and grab some MB dungeness crabs...

That sounds good too! When its just the two of us we splurge and do the NON-traditional holiday dishes. Hope you and Sandy have a Merry Christmas.

J

J.... a man after my own heart. I am not a fan of the traditional ham or turkey. Like John said boooring.

The wife and I are having new york strips that ware already in the fridge.

I contemplated having some oysters shipped to the house from Charleston, I could eat my body weight in those.

The turkey or ham opinion would likely change if I owned a smoker though!

Same here, off the wall dinner...
2 dozen escargots then break into multiple cheeses, salami, sausages, and crackers tonight.

House has the wonderful smell of garlic, doesn't get any better than that.:cool:

Last night I cooked a 10 pound standing prime rib roast. I cheated and bought one pre seasoned, but it was good. It's all gone now. We are down at my in laws house, so lots of people
We are frying a couple turkeys today.
IMG_20141224_113308:nopm:.jpg

Today's lunch
IMG_20141225_114918303.jpg
IMG_20141225_114910637.jpg
IMG_20141225_123918681.jpg

I injected it with Cajun butter and rubbed the outside with butter and Tony's Cajun rub. Turned out well.

...and can't wait to check the mail when I get back in town!

Wife made pork and zucchini pad thai, and I'm making baked rice pudding for dessert. I thought I had one last bottle of OB's stashed away but I was wrong. No pic of the pad thai, it was gone too fast.

I started with this:
IMG_2925.jpg

It led to this...
IMG_2928.jpg

...which led to this:
IMG_2935.jpg

And now my fat reserve has been filled for quite some time to come. Even had enough beyond this quart to give to some neighbors. And, that little Victorinox paring knife did a bang up job of breaking down the duck. I like it so much that I got rid of all other small knives and now have 4x 3" and 4x 4" models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom