hole (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thorvald

Threads
Website
www.pointyhatdesigns.com
just wondering if anyone has made a cover or found something that works with aftermarket single cd. cb's fit in that space right? :tomatoe:

Thor,

If you are refering to the 2 din hole in an 80 dash, Toyota does have a "filler" for the lower half for vehicles using a single din head. The 91-94 is a 55521-14050-01 list is $27.38
The 95-97's use a 55520-14050 list is $28.32.
The early one is an open-faced box, the later one has a drop-down door on it. They can be swapped back and forth.

Dan.

I have a Uniden 510 below a single DIN radio. It doesn't exactly fit but I trimmed it out with some black plastic. If I can get a hold of a digital that works I will shoot it and post it.

Dan,
is there a picture of the filler piece anywhere? internet or one you might have?
anyone else have a cb in there that they didnt have to trim at all?

i got a little "pocket" from the local stereo place that went right in there,sounds like what dan decribed for the early years...hmmm that toyota one with the door sounds cool though.........
i will try to snap a pic of the "pocket" in my dash later today and post it tonite...

doug

Thor,

I don't have a decent pic. There is a very similar one in a lot of 92-96 camrys. I'll see if I can find something to show you.

Dan.

the pics i took came out horribly blurred and i dare say not worthy of a posting but i will post it then try again and edit if i get a bettr result:
pocket%20view%202.jpg

so until i figure out the closeup setting for this dang camera this will hafta do :doh:

doug(who never was very good at photography)

doug, from what i can see looks pretty good
howd the price compare to the toyota insert?
thinking for $27.00 getting close to a cheap cb price

it was a year ago but i dont think i paid more than 16.00 for it
and that was with the harnesses to hook up to the factory plugs in the dash(however,as you have probably read,there is a little modifying to the harness to properly run a decently powered aftermarket head unit ie:run a power wire from battery to a relay and activate the relay with the harness "key on" power wire and your done!!

ps:dont modify the trucks wiring harness,just tap into the aftermarket harnesses wire to the radio side and make it the relay "power on" instead of straight to the radio's wiring harness...

doug

Doug,

>> the pics i took came out horribly blurred <<

Whew, I thought I had another detached retina.

-B-

Here ya go. I did have to trim a little bit of the plastic though. I dont think it is possible to have a flush fit without trimming. But anywho the CB is a cobra special 29 and an alpine cdplayer.

-Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom