Hole in the Rock Trail 11/2-11/5 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

smittycrusher

"Hey big guy, you a golfer" - Roger Dorn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.morganstanleyfa.com
I am leading a Hole In the rock Trail run from 11/2-11/5.

I am flying into SLC on 11/1 and picking up my 80. Then head toward the trail head and camp somewhere that night (maybe Moab area).

Ideally we will be at the trailhead around 10-11am on 11/2. We have two 80s right now (Two more 80's are 50/50). I figure we have room for one or two more trucks. Would you and any of you want to join us?

Ideally the minimum vehicle requirements will 33s, lockers (ATRAC will work but we have had to winch the ATRAC 100 series a few times in the past) and armor. 5-10 gals of extra fuel is a good idea too.

If all goes as planned, we will get off the trail on sat, 11/5 and then spend that night camping in the middle of Valley of the Gods. I will start my drive home to Atlanta on the morning on the 6th.

Let me know if you want to join us!

Feel free to call/text me at (678) three 8 six - five 533.

Scott

Last edited:
Two 80s right now. Myself and one other guy from NorCal in a well built 80 as well.

Come join us! You will fit right in.

Best,

Smitty

I wish I could make this work. Sounds like a great time

Come join us Steve. It will be a business trip for you as I will be wearing out the Platinum trying to earn my way to Centurion ;)

Smitty

If I wasn't working for the man....honestly I am going to parents weekend, last one with my son, out your way.

Great time

IMG_7311[1].JPG

Wow, awesome scenery! How did the green 80 not flop! That is approaching 45 degrees.

Wow, awesome scenery! How did the green 80 not flop! That is approaching 45 degrees.

That one wasn't really that bad as I didn't stay there very long. I had just jumped back into the truck after we all cleared the previous obstacle and I don't think I really knew where the wheels were. That is all I can think as I have no idea why I was turned so far left otherwise.

As Phil said, you do get really comfortable in off camber situations on this trail.

Maybe too comfortable :cool:.

Once we get back to Atlanta, I will get a lot of photos & videos posted.

It is truly a special trail.

Smitty

One time I did drop out of my comfort zone on an off camber down hill left turn. When I felt my right rear leaving the ground I throttled out to get all wheels on the ground ASAP. No witnesses or pics just a pair of soiled panties.

They would have to surgically remove the seat cushion from my posterior due to the pucker factor. I begin to sweat bullets at 25 deg. :confused:

They would have to surgically remove the seat cushion from my posterior due to the pucker factor. I begin to sweat bullets at 25 deg. :confused:

Great trail if you are looking to loose water weight quick then:D

Looks like a great time. I hope to do this trail someday.

Does that trail come off the top? This pic alone brings on the Holly Crap no shortcuts here pucker.
IMG_7259.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom