HJ62 Electric Vacuum Pump Reduced Fuel Consumption (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
I was playing around with my vacuum lines trying to diagnose my vacuum assisted clutch and when i disconnected them i noticed the engine would rev noticably higher with the reduced load. I was wondering if anyone has ever explored the option of installing some sort of electric vacuum pump in a search for more engine power/better fuel consumption (however small it may be).

Your thought would be awesome.

Cheers

Vacuum pumps are very common on drag cars etc, things operate better in a vacuum environment I am told. I dont know how much of an improvement it would offer though. I'm sure others will chime in with more information.

Cheers

Sounds like it would be good, don't think i will buy one though since the car only cost me $500. It was a novel idea though.

Yeah, I suppose it would only be worth reconsidering if the stock one took a dump, I wager its pricey itself........

I have been wondering this - there are plenty of other production cars that have electric vacuum pumps so may well be easy to get hold of.

However - it will put more strain on batteries and then the alternator which will sap more power from the engine. If all the power is coming from the engine - if its electric or mechanical then its all got to come from somewhere!

Of course. There are many factors that would need considering. Maybe with an electric pump you could only have it operating when the vacuum falls out of range. A mechanical pump is running continuously. This is similar in concept to electric thermo fans they only need to operate at certain times. That said i have seen a few of these vacuum pumps and they seem to draw a lot of current to create the required amount of vacuum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom