Hitch tightener!! What are you using? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone using a hitch tightener?

I used one for my 4runner trd pro and it doesn’t fit on the landcruiser.

Any suggestions?

Is anyone using a hitch tightener?

I used one for my 4runner trd pro and it doesn’t fit on the landcruiser.

Any suggestions?

I've been using this to keep my bike rack from rattling: Softride Quiet Ride Locking... Amazon product ASIN B000T5BI8Y
I had a different one with a vertical "cylinder" lock, but it doesn't work, cuz you can't get the key in the lock. The plastic around the hitch receiver and the bottom metal loop of the hitch get in the way.

I've been using this to keep my bike rack from rattling: Softride Quiet Ride Locking... Amazon product ASIN B000T5BI8Y
I had a different one with a vertical "cylinder" lock, but it doesn't work, cuz you can't get the key in the lock. The plastic around the hitch receiver and the bottom metal loop of the hitch get in the way.
Just ordered. Thank you!

I like the u bolt version as well. I had the first one mentioned and eventually (well, 6 months) the "wings" that hold it in place broke off.

Good initial results with this one by Curt. I might attempt slightly enlarging the the cotter pin hole to slip in a light duty padlock. Spotted some other tool-less types and a cylinder lock model on their website recently.

Shop Anti-Rattle Hitch Pins & Clamps - https://www.curtmfg.com/towing-accessories/security/anti-rattle

1661578154838.png

How are you attaching the U bolt version to the factory receiver? I have one and my feeble brain couldn't figure out how it attaches with the OE style receiver setup
Me either... our 200 series needed a longer U bolt.
Don't know who has them.

How are you attaching the U bolt version to the factory receiver? I have one and my feeble brain couldn't figure out how it attaches with the OE style receiver setup
I have Dobinsons bumper .

Me either... our 200 series needed a longer U bolt.
Don't know who has them.
Any trailer supply or trailer builders in your area? Should be able to fix you up. Or a spring shop will bend you whatever ubolt you need for very cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom