hints on changing the oil pan gasket for a 3FE -- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Nakman
this is the thread were I got the bottle jack Idea. It worked great. Thanks. If your ever up here i'll buy you a :beer:
Steven

I got the FSM for a 91 and it says the oil pan to block torque is 69 in.lbs. hope this helps

strap

Hey, right on Loquito my pleasure, and I'm glad it worked. And double props to you for searching through old posts!! To confess, I learned that bottle jack trick from 60wag, if you're ever in the 60/62 area you'll bump into him.

Where are you located? I'm always up for a cold one.. tell you what come to Cruise Moab 05 and you can buy us both a beer.. :) :cheers:

(Where are you located? I'm always up for a cold one.. tell you what come to Cruise Moab 05 and you can buy us both a beer..)
I am a little outside of Anchorage Alaska, And if you are there (Cruise Moab) in 06/07 deal :flipoff2:
Whats cruise Moab :confused:
Have a good nigth
Steven

Whats cruise Moab
It's an awesome TLCA event put on by the Rising Sun chapter every spring, held in Moab, Utah. do a Google search for 'cruise moab' for 8000 web sites full of pictures and write-ups.. here's a good place to start.

Man, I'd love to see Alaska some day.. some day....

I am hanging onto this one so I can reuse knowledge when I fix mine. PO replaced the gasket is appears and did not goop the hoops...it drips.

I get to remove, clean, and remount the mess. I love it.

Hey Dankunz
Mine started to dent the tank both low and high up, just little (2) dents :mad: but I found using a painters tool to knock out about a inch and a half long, half gasket thick peice was all it took, the bottle jack trick worked perfect on both sides by doing that.
posted just in case your doing it in the middle of the night and get stuck :confused:
Have fun, It was Easy :flipoff2:
Steven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom