HIHX Bummer Update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My favorite trail is mineral creek (lower engineer) that will be a tough one to schedule around the closures

I planned to be in Silverton from 7/26-7/31 then move up to Ouray 7/31 to 8/2 then returning. It looks like I won't have a problem getting to Ouray on 7/31 with maintenance ending on 7/30.

Do we want to start a roster of members and dates?

I hear they cancelled the closure of 550. Can anyone confirm?

I hear they cancelled the closure of 550. Can anyone confirm?

I can’t confirm, as we’re still a week away, but this was posted in the 200 series LCDC thread:

I can’t confirm, as we’re still a week away, but this was posted in the 200 series LCDC thread:

The planned road closure has been delayed thru end of August at least.

From the mayor of Ouray on July 16th:

Important Update to the Proposed Closure of 550!
Thanks to a team effort, we were able to delay the work that would have had significant daily closures of 550 during the peak of our season. We hope to be meeting with representatives of SMPA and CDOT in the near future to find a schedule for the project that is less impactful to our community.
From the City, I would like to thank Mayor Pro Tem Wood, Councilman Boyd and Administrator Clarke for their support in making this happen. I’d also like to thank those from Silverton, San Juan County and various state entities for their support when I called. And thanks to the Board and Engineering Manager from SMPA as well as CDOT for listening and responding to our concerns.
We will provide updates as more information becomes available.

I'm feeling sad that I am late to this conversation. But the sadness is dampened by the fact that I'm going to be camping at Eureka CG north of Silverton 7/27 - 8/1. I have plans to run trails with a couple people over those 4 days. I'd love to get together with others but this damn pandemic has me limiting social interactions. I have an autoimmune disease and take immune suppressors to control it so I'm at a higher risk than the average 45-year old. So if you see me in my white '99 LC with a Gamiviti roof rack, BIOR rear bumper, MetalTech sliders and TrekboxX sticker indicating the tailgate cover I won in the raffle (shameless plug for HIH Sponsors), say hi as we pass on the trails. My wife, two adult children and dog will be joining me.

Marc

Feel free to meet up and tag along. We can split into two groups to keep it distanced. Typical meet up location is the gas station south end of town in the open area. If your around at 830 there’s usually some folks meeting up. We’ll be there 28-1st

Marc

Feel free to meet up and tag along. We can split into two groups to keep it distanced. Typical meet up location is the gas station south end of town in the open area. If your around at 830 there’s usually some folks meeting up. We’ll be there 28-1st
Thanks for the heads up. @geanes mentioned it to me as well. I doubt I'll be able to get my crew awake and out of bed that early but we will see. I'm planning to run some trails with @melepley the first couple of days.

I'll be getting to Silverton on the 27th. If you see my grandpa gold LX with the beige steelies stop by for a beer.

Today would have been our departure day, but we had to cancel due to house purchase/remodel and closing on the sale of the old place. We'll see everyone next year for sure! have fun, be safe and take lots of pics!

Last edited:
Today would have been our departure day, but we had to cancel due to house purchase/remodel and closing on the sale of the old place. We'll see everyone next year for sure! have fun, be safe and take lots of pics!
Good Luck with the closure. I hope all goes smoothly. See ya next year!

With you there
I had a friend trying to make summer plans and I was like "hang on... not till I know the HIH dates" :)
totally with you on this!

So I see the dates, but how does one register for HIHX 2022?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom