High speed wiper motor NOT WORKING! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 87 FJ60. I have the combination switch that is in the FAQ, So I did lose the Intermittent mode. I have replaced the Wiper linkage with new OEM. the low mode works fine. But when I turn to the high mode the wiper arms just stop. I think its a ground issue. I am not super comfortable with cracking open the motor itself. Hoping its just a wiring connection. Any help would be great!

I’ve read that symptom is a ground issue as well. I haven’t busted into my wiper system yet so I can’t be if more use to this conversation, unfortunately. But I agree... sounds like grounding issues.

I haven't been able to track down a wire diagram for that circuit.

did this start after the combo switch install? or did it just happen on it's own?

did this start after the combo switch install? or did it just happen on it's own?
Just happened on its own. I had pulled the motor off once to look to see if anything obvious. Then motor back on, high speed worked for a bit then stopped.

Just happened on its own. I had pulled the motor off once to look to see if anything obvious. Then motor back on, high speed worked for a bit then stopped.

bad connection near the motor??

Do the wiper arms not move at all on the high setting, or move a little and then stop? If they move and stop, it's a worn contact on the motor itself, and a new motor is needed.

Do the wiper arms not move at all on the high setting, or move a little and then stop? If they move and stop, it's a worn contact on the motor itself, and a new motor is needed.
No it just stops dead! From what I understand the motors are no longer available?

Anybody have a good wiper motor rebuild thread? Search didn't come up with much.

Anybody have a good wiper motor rebuild thread? Search didn't come up with much.
Check out post #13. Seems easy enough if that is you problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom