High Speed Suspension Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, i want to upgrade my suspension to better shocks for high speed driving in washboard and fire roads. Not interested in rock crawling or getting a lift on the truck. Want to keep it as stock looking as possible, just be able to drive faster and more comfortable in overlanding trails. What would be the best setup or upgrade for this?

Truck is a 2006 LC with OEM Springs, torsion bars and shocks.

Was planning on just getting new OEM shocks but this weekend I went wheeling with a friend in a Gladiator Mojave and was blown away at how it performs. I think it has a Fox 2.5 Suspension similar to Raptor.

Thanks

Cesar

Hey Cesar. First clarification: Many (almost all?) 06s have AHC. Do you have AHC or the conventional suspension?

There are some sweeeeet long travel kits available, but they're not cheap. Do you have a budget in mind? It's probably going to require a few grand to get anything comparable to what you've experienced.

Hello, It's a non AHC.. Have OEM shocks, coils and torsion bars.

OEM Shocks are shot, leaks in all 4

Just purchased the truck and baselining. Very low miles

I'd spend 1-2k budget, but dont necesarrily want to lift truck and add diff drop, heavy duty torsion bars.

I used to have another LC with 2006 with OME and seemed pretty stiff for small bump compliance but took bigger hits well.

Thanks

Yeah, $4-6k will get you the top end grade suspension but $1-2k will just get you shocks.

With your budget, I'd recommend just upgrading your shocks to Bilstein 6112 or Ironman Foam Cell Pro which will be about $1000-1200 for all 4 corners. OEM shocks are about $30 a side last time I checked.

Hello, It's a non AHC.. Have OEM shocks, coils and torsion bars.

OEM Shocks are shot, leaks in all 4

Just purchased the truck and baselining. Very low miles

I'd spend 1-2k budget, but dont necesarrily want to lift truck and add diff drop, heavy duty torsion bars.

I used to have another LC with 2006 with OME and seemed pretty stiff for small bump compliance but took bigger hits well.

Thanks
Ok, cool. I'd shop shocks and bushings. Toyota shocks are a hell of a bargain, but you might find an aftermarket option that gives you some added performance without blowing all the budget.

Bushings are worth a good look. Only takes a bushing or two to make a setup feel harsher than it really is.

Which bushings do you recommend? Toyota OEM? Which ones do I need to check/replace?

Thanks again

How fast is “high speed” are you looking to go
on fire roads/ washboards?

35-50 miles per hour.. Nothing too crazy, depending on road conditions of course
I see. If you find Fox good, triple that for the King Suspension (if you can wait, lead + production time now for them is 14 months) which is about $8k for the full top of the line set.

There are a series of options with reservoirs, but some of the bigger foam cells are going to work quite well for getting you much of the way there on ride quality.

BUT, the 100 isn't a long-travel suspension vehicle and isn't going to be able to soak up those really big hits.

What about Icon Stage 1 shocks?
go Stage 2 with the remote reservoir, big difference. I retrofitted my "stage 2" to stage 3 with adjustable compression and now it behaves well on the street and dirt with the twist of a knob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom