High mileage built 100 value question, I know you guys will be honest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought another 100 series with lower miles so I'm going to sell my 1998 with 328,000 miles. I'm the 3rd owner, bought it 8 or 9 months ago completely stock and the 2nd owner had it for 10 years. It has a great service history, everything done at Toyota of Knoxville. Major service with timing belt and water pump less than 40,000 miles ago. All mods have less than 3000 miles. OME lift from Cruiser Outfitters with heavy OME rear spring, OME torsion bars, OME shocks, and Slee diff drop. Custom built armor including rear bumper with dual swing-outs, front winch bumper with 12,000 lb Smittybilt X20, kick-out sliders, roof rack, ARB air compressor, factory e-locker, extended diff vents, snorkel, 18" newer 100 wheels with Dureatracs that have 75% tread remaining, LED light bar, LED bumper lights, and rear LED lights. Interior isn't bad but not perfect either, no leaks and doesn't use any oil between 5,000 miles oil changes. I can get close on value with no mods but I don't have a clue where to start with the mods. Also, body has trail pin striping and a couple small dings. The cruiser has always been in Knoxville, TN and has no rust. Here's a few pics and I appreciate your opinions................John

Last edited:
Take the cost of mods and multiply by .5 to .66 depending on how recently installed and/or condition. Add that to what you think the value of a non-modded vehicle in similar condition. Mods like limb-risers, floor mats & bug deflectors have no added monetary value.

The added value of mods is dependent on finding a buyer who specifically wants those
exact modifications. As a general rule, the market does not value modded vehicles and often
discounts them.

12-14k as is...

If it were me, I would part out the armor. rear bumper would sell for 1500. front bumper for 800. sliders for 400. then sell the truck for $9,999.

cool truck.

For 13k, you'd have people wanting to fly in to buy it. I'd be shocked if you had a problem selling it at that price point.

What about transferring some modifications to the new truck?

* I just noticed the wheel paint, sliders, and possible awning in one of your pics. It looks like the he new truck will be built as well.

Just curious why did you buy another one after all the work getting this one done? If you were worried about high miles, you could of put in new drivetrain cheaper than starting over. You are going to take a loss on all your upgrades and it seems you finally got it done for the most part. Now to start over?

Just curious why did you buy another one after all the work getting this one done? If you were worried about high miles, you could of put in new drivetrain cheaper than starting over. You are going to take a loss on all your upgrades and it seems you finally got it done for the most part. Now to start over?

Honestly, wasn't just the lower miles. My first 100 was River Rock Green and it's always been my favorite color. Someone asked about using parts to build my new one and sell this one without all the mods. The new one is already built plus I've already given my old bumper covers to a mud member that needed them.

I put the awning on but everything else was done to the new one.

I like RR green as well. Nice truck. How many miles on the new one?

New one has 220,000

OP, what price were you thinking for your 98? not in the market, just curious.

Horrible idea @bamabrock rock (said with sarcasm) !!!! Sell that beauty to a MUD member, fleebayers don't take care of their Cruisers like we do. (yes, i understand he'll get more over there)

Great looking rig 10ga, hope you get whatever sticker price you put on it. And good luck with the new beauty.

Honestly I was thinking about asking $13,900 - $14,500, I'm not far off I don't think.

Ebay would be last resort, already talking to a MUD member and I hope we work it out. I sold an 80 on ebay a couple years ago and thankfully went to someone who appreciates it. In the first month he drove it from North Carolina to Moab. He sends me videos once of month of his wheeling adventures, really nice to see when you put so much work and money in a rig.

Here's the 80 I built a couple years ago. Same fabricator built the rear bar, sliders, and roof rack.

I'd say around 11 tops... but it will be different depending on location.

The wife thinks I'm selling it to replace the money I used to buy the new one but I'm going on the search for another 80 or maybe even a FJ62. Once you have 2 Cruisers, not sure you can go back to just one

If you are looking for another you may want to see what you can trade it for on the mud marketplace.

I would say sell it where you can make the most money....we all buy and sell on e bay. If someone on e bay buys it, it does not mean they won't appreciate it. They may just not have the time or knowledge to build it. Get your self the most you can. I also understand the green thing....mine is that color along with a lot of other things :=]
20170502_202435.jpg
20170524_164934.jpg
IMG_20160720_154043608.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom