High in the montañas... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
San Cristòbal al Norte, high in the central mountains of Costa Rica is where I found Alex's shop. My '85 FJ60 is behind the red doors, ready for engine bay paint. These guys restore top to bottom. Here are just a few of the current projects.
Alex garage.jpg

Wowowowwowowowowwow..... can I ask what sorta work ya getting done + price? I jus may need to take a road trip for body work + Paint job!!!

Wowowowwowowowowwow..... can I ask what sorta work ya getting done + price? I jus may need to take a road trip for body work + Paint job!!!
Labor is where the savings are. Used parts in country a little less than stateside. I'm doing this incrementaly. Body and paint, that included replacing 2 doors and lower rear hatch was about $2,800. Complete engine overhaul that included pulling engine, disassemble and clean/paint or re-plate (galvanized or yellow zinc) every individual part including nuts and bolts, buff and paint engine bay and de-smog about $1,800. This does not include the cost of replacing any parts. Frame off and back on, media blast and paint chassis plus clean and undercoat underside of truck body $2000. It's adding up, especially considering all the new parts I am having to buy. I figure when it's all said and done I'll be looking at North of $12,000. This will include new OEM bumpers, new glass, interior, Jim C dissy and carb and the list goes on. It's a once in a lifetime deal....

Labor is where the savings are. Used parts in country a little less than stateside. I'm doing this incrementaly. Body and paint, that included replacing 2 doors and lower rear hatch was about $2,800. Complete engine overhaul that included pulling engine, disassemble and clean/paint or re-plate (galvanized or yellow zinc) every individual part including nuts and bolts, buff and paint engine bay and de-smog about $1,800. This does not include the cost of replacing any parts. Frame off and back on, media blast and paint chassis plus clean and undercoat underside of truck body $2000. It's adding up, especially considering all the new parts I am having to buy. I figure when it's all said and done I'll be looking at North of $12,000. This will include new OEM bumpers, new glass, interior, Jim C dissy and carb and the list goes on. It's a once in a lifetime deal....
HIghly recommend The Holley Sniper while there. You wont be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom