High Beam Indicator Not Working FJ 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried searching for this answer/ information before posting so apologies in advance if I missed an existing thread. Long story short, I inherited a 1983 FJ 40 my Dad that he rebuilt while overseas. He did an awesome job but I can't get it to pass inspection or registered until I get the high beam indicator working. I pulled the instrument panel and swapped bulbs around to confirm that was not the issue but not sure where else to start troubleshooting. The lights work fine just need the indicator to turn on. Thanks and patience appreciated as I become competent in all things FJ.

Looks like you need to back trace the red/yellow wire from the indicator light through the dimmer switch to see where the problem is.

Looks like you need to back trace the red/yellow wire from the indicator light through the dimmer switch to see where the problem is.
Thanks for the help, followed those wires back and found a loose connection. Will have to change the bulb out because its super dim, impossible to see in the daylight and even a struggle at night.

That little blue lens seems to get super cloudy after many years. I find mine hard to even see at night.
Dyno

That little blue lens seems to get super cloudy after many years. I find mine hard to even see at night.
Dyno
Have you tried to replace it or clean it to be less cloudy? Any luck finding a brighter bulb?

An LED bulb will take care of dim even with a cloudy lens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom