hickey sidewinder winch install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally have some time to install my old hickey sidewinder winch, i plan on modifying the stock bumper to fit , about 1 inch of the winch will stick out of the bumper , I'll post more pictures when it's finished

View attachment 1618247

View attachment 1618249

View attachment 1618252
I've got one of those for sale. It's not on my truck anymore, not much use for it the days. What would be the best way to find a buyer?

20190123_100835.jpg

20181218_170018.jpg

I have been looking for one for a resto project. Wonder what it would cost for shipping to Wyoming (82414)? PM me if you'd like to sell it.

I have been looking for one for a resto project. Wonder what it would cost for shipping to Wyoming (82414)? PM me if you'd like to sell it.

They are a good strong winch. I knew several folks that ran them (back in the day). Most guys then were using them for a rear mounted winch since the design lends itself to tucking between frame rails.

The only issues I remember folks having with them is that the cable (if loosely spooled in) will allow the cable to 'pinch' itself next time you really make a pull if you didn't spool it all out. Also, letting your cable get muddy and spooling it in makes a mess of the drum and housing inside.

But as far as being decently powerful and reliable...they did pretty good (for the day).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom