HFS Susp. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
but I've looked and looked, and can't really find any posts from anyone thats using the HFS suspension. Is it any good? Looking at it for the FJ60/62 BTW, thanks :D

yeah, if they are as good as CCOT says they are, they look like they could be a real nice alternative. Just wanna hear from someone running em before I jump on them ;)

I really like how they make the shackle side longer for improved shackle angle, my shackle angle for my 4 inch bds is s***. however the hfs looks super stiff but id like to hear from somebody that runs them.

There's a guy who posts to the cruizers.com site that just installed them. I asked if he made a side by side comparison of both the stock and HFS springs and if he noticed a difference in lengths. He didn't. Which isn't necessarily to say there wasn't any... but apparently not enough for him to notice. I think at the moment he's fixing another problem which cropped up before he'd had a chance to run 'em.

I am new to this forum and did a search but did not find specifics.I think we need to post a inf sheet as to what is used and what is liked and why.It is confusing when you call about a lift system and are told its great then find out nobody else uses it or spend 2000 and you hate it.I am loking now at lifts/wheels/tires/shocks;dont want more than 33 but dont know if a 16" wheel will work with 2.5 lifts and why so many people put on less expensive lifts and have various issues.I'm not saying you have to pay alot to get the best,I just dont want too if I can get a quality long lasting lift with a minimal ammount of cash and still be able to use it off road............THANKS All Dave V

My FJ-40 rides very nice. Better then I thought one could ride.
My set up:
-Skyjacker springs
Front 2" W/Advanced Handling, Shackle reversal kit (kit adds 1.5" lift)
Rear 4"
-Rancho RS9000
5-speed adjustable in front
9-speed adjustable in rear
both set to softest
All Poly bushings and greaseable shackles
And what i think makes the biggest difference is the new stock height Polyurethane Body Mount Kit-Soft Ride.
The ride is very tight. no rattles or squeaks takes bumps like a new vehicle.

Now if i can just get my brakes to stop seizing on me,

Yea, you can't link to a specific discussion on the CCoT BBS. Anyway, plenty of good buzz about the HFS but still not much real feedback.
I was interested too when I was choosing springs. There was some issue about the prior model "Next Gen." springs where some experienced less lift in the rear but like I said, not much news on the HFS. Someone might want to elaborate on this.

anti-friend, I might try them if I hadn't just changed my springs. I haven't seen another kit at that price, so it's there value wise and the improvements they purport are all positive. BTW, I'm using parabolic springs for which there is absolutely no US cruiser feedback, ... which meant I had to be comfortable with my decision.

mort: you've got mail. and post some photos of that set up!

I am also wanting to put some 33 12.50s underneath my 40 asap. Looking for the right setup with no modifications to the body (ie trimming fenders...) and the least possible lift. i don't like the look of too much space b/t the tires and the fenders. can one of you ol' guys shed some help!? this can be a good first step in getting the info together to getting that FAQ thing going! :D

I might just go with BDS if I can't find anything on the HFSes. Just, really wanted to know how they worked out.

Nolen Grogan sourced a set of the 4" prototypes, they installed them on an LSLC members truck for testing at LCR, I will find out what they determined and get back to ya.
Butch

[quote author=anti-friend link=board=1;threadid=13557;start=msg125500#msg125500 date=1080016009]
but I've looked and looked, and can't really find any posts from anyone thats using the HFS suspension. Is it any good? Looking at it for the FJ60/62 BTW, thanks :D
[/quote]

It's a moot point right now, CCOT is out of stock for HFS 60/62 springs.

It looks like there are some interesting details--longer springs to change shackle angle, military wrap on both ends, 8-leaf rear springs. Not bad. Of course, I think if you ordered BDS springs from Liquidoffroad and included greasable shackles and pins you'd have a pretty good lift, too.

Of course, I'd like to hear what Nolen says . . . . :D

The HFS springs are made in the same place as the BDS springs. Basically, a vendor such as CCOT can custom specify what they want and the crazy Canadians will build them to spec.

The HFS is a culmination of a TON or research and time to make the best riding spring on the market.

I told Stephen the high points of all the springs on the market and we combined them into one spring.

Tapered leafs, Polyeurethane pads with buttons that do not stick out past the spring body to get rubbed off by rocks, double military wrap, open spring clamps (4) per spring.

The springs are being made longer and with more material to support the additional shackle angle. Instead of simply adding 1" to the springs, we had them add additonal material to the spring pack to keep them from sagging.

The springs that are out now are meeting great results.

THe set we put on the Lone Star Cruiser was an experimental 4" kit that will need a little more tweaking before the final order.

On my Spring Over front, i am running the 1" lift (stock) FJ-40 fronts and they are performing awesome.

Jeremy ran the springs he got from CCOT this weekend at the Roundup and he was simply amazed by the ride and the flex.

Give them a shot, for the price you cannot go wrong!

ahhh, that out of stock part bites, after ya get me convinced too. I guess I'll wait a bit, I'd hope to have got this lift done as soon as the snow was gone. Alaskan winters are a bit longer than most though, maybe theres still a chance :D

I've been running the HFS 2.5" New Gen lift kit with 31x10.5s on my FJ62 since last April and couldn't happier. Mind you I can't compare them to any other non-stock kits, but I find them very comfortable on the road and off. I totally recommend them. Just get a greasable hanger pin from SOR because that's the only bit that the kit doesn't replace.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom