Hey everyone - looking to join. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I just moved to Kansas City from Buffalo, NY and I'm interested in joining. I suppose I need a Land Cruiser to join. I've wanted a Land Cruiser since I was a kid and since my 3rd gen 4runner died on the 15 hour here I decided it's time to pull the trigger and purchase a Land Cruiser.

I've been in talks with the owner of this one: For Sale - 2005 LC , Zero Rust- Price drop/overland Package.Never off road.

Any opinions? Any recommendations for local shops?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Looks like a very nice 100.

Not sure what part of town your in but I do some work on cruisers for some. It’s not my full time gig but fill space as I’m self employed. PM me if you want to get more info on me.

Hello I just moved to Kansas City from Buffalo, NY and I'm interested in joining. I suppose I need a Land Cruiser to join. I've wanted a Land Cruiser since I was a kid and since my 3rd gen 4runner died on the 15 hour here I decided it's time to pull the trigger and purchase a Land Cruiser.

I've been in talks with the owner of this one: For Sale - 2005 LC , Zero Rust- Price drop/overland Package.Never off road.

Any opinions? Any recommendations for local shops?

Thanks!
There was a post referencing stories.

Look up all posts from that seller and read the back story. It may help or hurt your decision. I did not read it, but I have done that on another when I was looking and it told me to NOT buy one because of all the issues it was having that had not been repaired.

On first glance this one appears to be good, but he's still building it while trying to sell it? Something seems odd there.

Thank you - after some back and forth and agreeing to purchase - he's telling me his brother is using the vehicle and he's unable to sell. Getting a bad vibe so I'm going to pass on that one.

Messaged the owner of this one: For Sale - 2002 Built LX470 - TX/MS - REDUCED

We'll see how it goes!

That will have the 4spd auto vs the 5, just in case your unaware. 03 or newer for the 5spd

Well I just purchased a 99 so it definitely has the 4spd auto and the 2 pinon differential. The vehicle was on the lot for a while so I was able to work on the price. It's not built like the ones that I was looking at on here but it's half the price and 10 minutes from home. The rust is surface only and the timing belt/water pump were just done. Service records looked good.

I'm going to order the OME 2.5in lift and probably some KO2s.

Looks pretty clean. And locked in the back. Nice.

I moon light doing cruiser work. PM me lets talk. There are not many specialized shops in KC if your looking for a shop, I'd look at 4x4 land in Topeka. A buddy of mine and I have been taking on work 2 bays with lifts. I've done a lot of gear sets, toyota and others over the years. several Arb's I'm looking at doing an Arb in my 100 right now. I'm an engineer that recently left the corporate world to consult. I fill on the gaps with automotive work focused on cruisers. I have a 100 and diesel swapped 80. history of custom suspension coil overs and welding.

Jess

Same deal.
Spray lube. <1min 1x a year.
Has worked for me for years.

Clock spring was replaced ten years ago but didnt fix squeak. Look under dash. Follow column to wheel and apply to bushing there.
I moon light doing cruiser work. PM me lets talk. There are not many specialized shops in KC if your looking for a shop, I'd look at 4x4 land in Topeka. A buddy of mine and I have been taking on work 2 bays with lifts. I've done a lot of gear sets, toyota and others over the years. several Arb's I'm looking at doing an Arb in my 100 right now. I'm an engineer that recently left the corporate world to consult. I fill on the gaps with automotive work focused on cruisers. I have a 100 and diesel swapped 80. history of custom suspension coil overs and welding.

Jess

Jess did my gear work recently. Stellar work. He has my recommendation.

Jess

Great! I will be in touch after my wife gets over the shock of the price ome suspension and new tires!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom