Hey all. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all.
well I made it and can I say I hate the Yakima pass!!! Here now after overheating tryign to go up aforementioned pass. ok ok I am trying to get to the point.
thought I had spare belts for the fans and ac on board, lost the ac belt btu had the others going strong and figured I would change all of them out once I got to Bellingham. well the dealer in Salt Lake is a dumb ass I had the complete wrong belts in the back the whole time. tried to change them and of three belts all three are the wrong size.
now to the point what are the right belt numbers for a 92 fj80????
good to be back on the board.
Dave :beer:

Welcome back, and welcome to Washington State, you just missed a record setting "heat wave" that ended last saturday, back to some gray skies and rain for a week or two before the nice weather is here to stay. Sorry to hear about the belts, I have a 93, so don't know the PNs for you, sorry. I'm located in Camas, WA which is in SW WA along the Columbia River near Portland, but I get to spend the next two months driving back and forth to Tacoma for work. Only got 14.5 mpg in the FZJ on my first "highway only" trip :tear: Sorry to get OT there.

thanks ben.
:beer:

Welcome to the neighbourhood Dave, sorry to hear about the pass troubles. My truck got over ok but then it was December not a June heatwave and I wasn't carrying all my worldly possessions :D I hope the drive was good other than that. I bet you got the old girl up to 67 or 68 mph coming downt he other side though :eek:, although I'm guessing you didn't enjoy I-405 around Seattle.

Don't know the part # for belts for a 92 but I suspect you probably have the belts for an ifz-fe. Are they P/N 90916-02353-83 (2 belts) and P/N 99332-10910-83? Post the part numbers and if so, I'm sure someone will buy'em off you. I just bought a new set or I'd take them off your hands.

for a 1988-1990 fj62 (but 99.9% sure they are the same for my 92fj80)

OK I checked and for some reason the AC belt is different for 91-2(3fe)

90916-02141-77(don't need the 77) alt 88-92
90916-02193-77 Power steering 88-92
99332-11175-83 A/C for 88-90 fj62
99332-11180-83 A/C for 91-2 fj80

BTW fj62/80 belts are not sold in a matching set like fjz80 belts

sorry I forget which is which belt

I'm down in Gig Harbor is ya ever get this way.

as I'm sure you know, the OEM belts are the way to go. If you havn't had the joy of doing the belts on a 3fe(fj62 is worse than a fj80).....well just make SURE you got everything as loose as you can, the new belts are always a tight fit, sometimes if you can only get the belt started you can bump the motor and it will put the belt on the rest of the way.

keep old belts for spares in your 80, old belts are much easier to put on if you happen to need to on the side of the road in the middle of the night ;)

gotta go mow the grass and water the dirt...

John H

Glad to hear you made it safely.

I will be making the opposite trip you made from just a bit farther south. Medford to Provo...

I'll be leaving on Tuesday morning @ 1-2am hopefully. I need to arrive during daylight to get a key to my new dwelling. 780 miles total. I am expecting an 11-13 hour drive.

I hear the crickets are so bad you can hear them crunching as you drive some of the stretches. :G

Rouge,
Don't know if it is just media hype?? But I have read where the crickets are causing accidents due to slick roads from all the road kills!
Have a safe journey.
Eduardo

thanks all I am pretty sure that is what happenned is I got the 1fze set will take them back to the local stealer and see if I can get the correct ones thanks for the help and good to see you made it over John.

Phaedrus where did you land in WA? I know you were talking about Ferndale before you took off. What color is your rig? I live up there, I am sure I will see you on the road at some point.

Scott

Scott,
I am currently in Bellingham in a hot box of an apartment waiting to close on my house in north bellingham. where are you? I am working as an appraisor for an independent company looking at auto damage. I get to cover from marysville north. as far as my rig here goes. btw that is my 4 year old co pilot behind the wheel after our last moab excursion.

well it does not want to let me post my pics, three tries I give. it is a 92 with ome springs an arb bull bar running 33" bfg at kos on flat black rims. I also have a small home grown roof rack on top. one more try and I give up.
Dave
yep still doesnt like me.

I'm north of Ferndale in Birch Bay.

Nice work with the pic :slap: :G

crusher
my house is going to be right off of smith road and graveline in north bellingham so if you see the pig flash me some lights

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom