Heritage Edition question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Along OP's original question...I've seen what they have as well. I understand how it could be listed incorrectly on auto trader etc, but even the carfax have them as HE, while missing all of items listed above. I've seen a handful now. Link below...

Obviously not a HE by requirements listed above, is this a VIN error at the carfax/reporting level, or could you order a HE without basically all the appearance? Interestingly 2 of them have had terra interiors...which I thought wasn't available on HE?

Autotrader "HE"

Carfax "HE"
Heritage edition interiors could come in any color you wanted...so long as it's black.

Found my Brochure (technically it is 3rd row add, not delete)

2021LCModels.jpg

Very helpful. Sounds like the regulations may have changed. After all, each wheel is 1234.80

View attachment 3563284
o_Oo_O I paid $450 from Bosch Toyota......I will definitely be going with Methods or something like that when it's time for new wheels....Yikes!

As someone mentioned, the gold stitching on the interior is unique to HE. On the exterior HE’s never had the chrome moulding on the doors. I suppose you could remove or add them, but removal requires filling the mounting holes and repaint.

I will say there’s definitely a Carfax reporting error with 2020/2021 vins that have them incorrectly shown as a heritage which makes things “confusing” until you realize/learn unless there’s what’s listed in this thread, it’s not. I think quickest is coolbox and stitching. Not sure you’ll see anyone able to convert that.

I will also add that the leather in the heritage is not as nice as a regular LC. I don't recall what toyota calls it, but it's I think fake leather - not the semi aniline. It doesn't feel as nice as LX leather.

Also, the roof rack is cool, but it makes the LC about 7'1". Too tall to fit in a standard garage.

The heritage wheels are cool, I like that it doesn't have the chrome door trim, but honestly it's not worth paying massive markups for the heritage. I ended up with a heritage purely due to zero rust, great condition, etc but would've been just as happy with a regular LC. You can remove the door trim and have a good bodyshop scuff and paint the chrome to match the rest of the car.

I will also add that the leather in the heritage is not as nice as a regular LC. I don't recall what toyota calls it, but it's I think fake leather - not the semi aniline. It doesn't feel as nice as LX leather.
It’s not fake leather, it’s the same stuff as in 08-15 landcruisers. No it doesn’t feel as nice but there are a number of anecdotal reports from people that have had both the 08-15 and 16+ base semi-aniline that the earlier stuff is more durable.

As someone mentioned, the gold stitching on the interior is unique to HE. On the exterior HE’s never had the chrome moulding on the doors. I suppose you could remove or add them, but removal requires filling the mounting holes and repaint.
Also only 2-row seating in the 2020, no ice box in console and different grill and darkened headlight and fog light trims.

I will say there’s definitely a Carfax reporting error with 2020/2021 vins that have them incorrectly shown as a heritage which makes things “confusing” until you realize/learn unless there’s what’s listed in this thread, it’s not. I think quickest is coolbox and stitching. Not sure you’ll see anyone able to convert that.
IMO the world is full of dumb $sses and I am sure Carefax is above average (on the D A side...) given what they do. The Germans have a beautiful name for it, Halbstarke or direct translated Half Strongs.

What is also not good about Carfax is the way oil changes and maintenance can be entered and cars with a clean carfax title yet have been fixed within 30th days and sold "clean". Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom