Here's my new ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just thougt I would show all of you my new ride. I am a happy dude!

The body is in good condition, the interior is in excellent condition. When I was looking at it, the guy selling it was listing off all of the problems with it:

-the power windows didn't work
-the AWD was messed up
-No rear Bumper, taken off for the hi-lift jack mount.
-a couple of other small things, The AWD was the biggest thing.
So He sold it for what he owed on it.
I took the window switches apart and cleaned them, now they all work. I got on the cool forum and asked about the AWD, and was directed on how to check it, and it works perfectly. It has been converted to 2WD-4WD-AWD. So that is a BIG plus. It also has a professional 2" body lift, and new tires on the new street-locks.
I cleaned up the interior and it is way cool. I did a full tune up and it runs smooth and quiet. And of course I already got my Ipod hardwired to my stereo, gotta have the tunes.
Now the best part: it was $2300.00
First up: new rear bumper, then front bumper, and navigation. I would also like a roof rack. got big plans for this thing.

Woo Hoo
:D
0.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Looks great.

AWD?

macneill said:
Looks great.

AWD?

It is AWD, but it has been converted to the 2WD/4WD set-up.

Kent

My guess is 91 or 92. . . It's definitely Pre - '94.

Kent, i'm a little confused on it being converted from 2wd to 4wd to Awd? A little strange. I can see the locking hubs for 2wd and 4wd, but Awd? WTF?

I think livelarg is just an excited (justifiably) noob who's either confusing AWD and Fulltime 4WD or using the terms interchangeably.

The way I'm decyphering this is that it was Fulltime 4WD and it has the hub kit installed.

So lockers or no?????

NorCalDoug said:
I think livelarg is just an excited (justifiably) noob who's either confusing AWD and Fulltime 4WD or using the terms interchangeably.

The way I'm decyphering this is that it was Fulltime 4WD and it has the hub kit installed.

I agree!

that looks like somebody here's old truck (eric in california -- e9999??) I am sure that colour scheme is 92-92

corbs said:
My guess is 91 or 92. . . It's definitely Pre - '94.

Yes, it is a 92'

norcaldoug said:
confusing AWD and Fulltime 4WD or using the terms interchangeably.
Yes I am, it is full time 4WD.
And it does have the hub conversion kit installed.

reffug said:
So lockers or no?????
According to sleeoffroad.com, 91-92's did not come with the locker option, so I assume mine doesn't either.

semlin said:
that looks like somebody here's old truck (eric in california -- e9999??) I am sure that colour scheme is 92-92
This truck was originally from colorado, don't know if it could be Eric's or not.

medtro said:
Congrats and welcome! For that kind of money, I hope it has lockers
is $2300.00 too much for this truck? It's definetly worth it to me!

norcaldoug said:
I think livelarg is just an excited (justifiably) noob

Yes I am excited :D

livelarg said:
is $2300.00 too much for this truck? It's definetly worth it to me!

That is a good price for any 80 series. Save some money to get it 100% mechanically then start adding the accessories you want.

And congrats on the new truck! :cheers:

:flipoff2:

-B-

good deal, i say -- love the paint job -- it's nice to see something different --

:D

and unless you're gonna jump around trails, you don't need lockers --

-- congrats on the purchase --

e

Correct me if i'm wrong, but those look like Colorado plates? Good looking rig. Congrats :cheers:

Looks great!! It's the exact same as our 92 we had before we got our 97! It was the two-tone brown/champagne with black rock crawlers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom