Here is the start of a great trailer project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
If I didn't already have a Kimberley, I would buy this in a minute

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...-Kimberley-Kamper-SportsRV-w-roll-over-damage

Even used here in the states these go for about $15K for older models. Seems you could get a new lid from Kimberley shipped for not to bad a price if you couldn't get a body shop or someone to fix the top or make a new one. Then fixing that one corner seems to be the worst thing.

These things are awesome to pull and camp in. The tent material in my 2002 still seems like new. I added a propane heater to mine, but this has the deisel heater and that makes a big difference camping in the cold. The heater setup alone is worth $1000

Here is what the newer version for the same model looks like

Kimberley Kampers Kamper 2009 Model sportsrv Features

Just thought someone researching trailers and looking to start a project might want to look at this

Snap, thats an amazing price for someone with a little guts and skill. It will go fast... Romer you should buy a backup! :D

If I knew I had a buyer for the ROAM I would so be all over that, repairs and all.

Thinking heavy on it....!!

Last edited:
James, the guy selling the KK SportsRV, and I brought these in together from KK in January 2009. It was, before the young gal t-boned into him, literally in mint condition. Make him an offer if you're handy and have the space as you won't want for another off-road capable trailer!

I've got over 100-nights in mine with over 20,000 miles pulled with a fair amount of Class 1 to Class 4 trails under its belt. Unfortunately mine doesn't look mint anymore :lol:. But its an amazing trailer that provides considerable more comfort and protection than any RTT topped military type trailer. If pressed for time and just wanting to hop into it for a good nights sleep it can be deployed in about 2-minutes!

And it tows even over fairly serious terrain like no other; its literally unflappable with its super heavy duty independent swing arms, coil springs and Fox shocks! Just the two Lifeline G31 batteries and the Webasto diesel catalytic heater sell new for $2700!

So, is it tow-able in it's present condition?

if you look at his latest post you can see that the axle is bent. It's IFS and not a solid axle so it should be easy to fix

Note he dropped his price.

So, is it tow-able in it's present condition?

No but since all the parts can be sourced here in the states and given how far away you are, unless you have access to a trailer, I'd just strike a deal, come up and we'll fix the spindle and you can tow it home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom