Help with unknown hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi! Could you guys help me figure out what this house is and what it is supposed to attach to.
Also, any recommendations on engine coolant? Thanks!!

461F7F86-2E21-449C-9955-C53F805D37D4.jpeg

D7C163A0-365E-4A3D-85FB-CDBB7679DC72.jpeg

pull it off and see what's it connected to on the other side of the firewall. Or does it pass through to connect to something

You should be able to see that spot on the other side of the firewall it's not that high up behind the dash or anything

What year is it

That is attached to the air filter in the cab and the free end should attach to the vent on the distributor cap.
Thanks team! Found it on the top of the distributor cap. It's a 1978 FJ40V. Thanks again! It is now attached where it should be.

Good work, take a look at filter end too... I had to take mine off and clean all sorts of mud out of it!
That was all you guys’ doing!

second thing, my coolant “bottle” is empty. Do I need to flush it or just add more to it? Any recs?

depends if it's dirty or not, wouldn't hurt to pull off and rinse it out.

What kind of coolant is in it now? Probably either a green or toyota pink.

depends if it's dirty or not, wouldn't hurt to pull off and rinse it out.

What kind of coolant is in it now? Probably either a green or toyota pink.
No idea. I've had the rig for a little over two weeks. Just got it registered so driving it a little more and figuring things out. I'm googling how to flush it now.

No idea. I've had the rig for a little over two weeks. Just got it registered so driving it a little more and figuring things out. I'm googling how to flush it now.

2 different things
You talking about flushing the entire cooling system (radiator, engine block, etc.) or just the coolant overflow bottle?

2 different things
You talking about flushing the entire cooling system (radiator, engine block, etc.) or just the coolant overflow bottle?
Well, the overflow bottle is empty, so I'm worried that the radiator is "empty" as well. I opened up the radiator cap and it is bright green, so I'm thinking that it doesn't need to be flushed, just some coolant added? The fluids should be full into the overflow bottle correct?

that line is because the distributor is waterproof in case you run into some water. The line is a vent to the inside where it should be dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom