Help with replacement Seat Belt Buckle Receiver Side Sleeve? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I dont know what to call it, but the plastic support sleeve that holds the seatbelt receiver up, has cracked and no longer serves it's purpose holding the receiver up.
Does anyone know where to get one for a 90 FJ62? Or what it's called?
Pic is of my 88 4runner, as my 62 is in the shop, just to show what I'm talking about (I need one for that truck too haha)
IMG_7787.jpg

OK well I finally found an ih8mud post regarding the sleeve, though it was a different question (ih8mud searches are always sketchy, google found it for me instead)
But it looks like the sleeve doesnt slide off, I may need a whole new receiver? Am I reading that correctly? I don't see a replacement part on the interwebs unless I buy a whole seatbelt kit, which I'd rather not do.
Anyone have suggestions for workarounds, solutions?

from toyota it was sold as an assembly. Probably NLA at this point. Check the parting out vehicles or maybe some place like seat belt planet will have a solution. They may be willing to see you just the "inside" belt.

good used ones are available
you could use the passenger side but it doesn't have the sensor in it
IIRCC the plastic sleeve has a stich thru it and thru the webbing down near the bottom

I dont know what to call it, but the plastic support sleeve that holds the seatbelt receiver up, has cracked and no longer serves it's purpose holding the receiver up.
Does anyone know where to get one for a 90 FJ62? Or what it's called?
Pic is of my 88 4runner, as my 62 is in the shop, just to show what I'm talking about (I need one for that truck too haha)
View attachment 2803940
IIRCC the plastic sleeve has a stich thru it and thru the webbing down near the bottom

BAM

here u go

you dont need the interlock switch , you know what your belt is on or not !

u just short pin the elec connector to make light dash red go out

this is what u can expect to pay or MORE !

i would grab this and run with it .

good luck

BAM

here u go

you dont need the interlock switch , you know what your belt is on or not !

u just short pin the elec connector to make light dash red go out

this is what u can expect to pay or MORE !

i would grab this and run with it .

good luck

Ya I think I'll hit up my landcruiser graveyard near my house. Spending $70 for plastic that will probably just fall apart within the first few months seems not so ideal...

The used ones I see online don't seem too good - off to my local Cruiser graveyard...
I wonder if I can just cut the stitches, cut the plastic off, and slide one of those new sleeves (shown above) over it

the stich can be seen in the ebay pics, aprox 2 " below the buckle
I thought it was near the bottom, but it is closer to the top
why go thru the hassle of changing the plastic, just install the entire unit.
I was thinking the brake light goes out after 20 seconds? if not buckled

the stich can be seen in the ebay pics, aprox 2 " below the buckle
I thought it was near the bottom, but it is closer to the top
why go thru the hassle of changing the plastic, just install the entire unit.
I was thinking the brake light goes out after 20 seconds? if not buckled
The entire unit is NLA new. The used ones online look pretty haggard, like I'll install it and a week of use it'll be cracked just like mine.. Hard to justify spending $70 on well used 30 yr old plastic

The used ones I see online don't seem too good - off to my local Cruiser graveyard...
I wonder if I can just cut the stitches, cut the plastic off, and slide one of those new sleeves (shown above) over it

I thought you were going to look at a wrecking yard for one?

I looked at some of my spares, not sure the plastic can be changed easily, even with removing the stich, just the way the mounting foot is riveted on and the lower plastic is molded around the bottom of the unit.

I got the Seatbelt Planet ones, but installing them is beyond my skill level. If someone has a trick please share.

I got the Seatbelt Planet ones, but installing them is beyond my skill level. If someone has a trick please share.

Did you figure it out? Mine are busted too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom